Trial started then stopped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial started then stopped!

My partners trial started yesterday and was then deserted pro loco et tempore by the crown as one of the key witnesses for the prosecution had suddenly become ill with a virus!!!!! (Liar Liar)As stated by the crown they are deserting with a view to reindicting him and starting a new trial with a new jury on Monday. My partner as of Monday will have been held on remand in prison for 200 days. This whole thing has been a fiasco from start to finish or as I put it a mockery of a mockery in the dockery!! Does anyone know why they have to serve a new indictment?? And is this pro loco et tempore to his advantage or disadvantage?? I'm so sick of all this now and the stress levels have become so high I just can't function anymore!!Oh and the local newspaper has also reported it today (details are wrong of course) stating his name and age only bonus was that they also stated he was a prisoner courtesy of her maj.

Gosh that must be really hard for you to prepare yourself for this and then they issue a retrial and then have to go through it all again. Lets hope this key witness stays sick and can't come next week as well. Sounds like without this witness they don't have a case.
    I hope that next week your partners trial goes well and he gets acquitted and I understand how you feel at the moment as I'm still in shock from the fiasco that was my partners trial last week.

[

Comment

Must be awful when you are both psyched up for the trial but hopefully it means the witness has bottled out, fingers crossed xx

Comment

So sorry to read this - additional strain on top of everything else. Really hoping that this is all brought to its rightful conclusion next week....
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

So sorry to hear this - wishing you lots of strength to get thru this. The pressure must be immense for you both.

Comment

If they are re-indicting him then that suggests to me that some of the charges have changed / been removed / been added to. Ask the solicitor to find out as he needs to know wheat he is fighting.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Finally over

Havent been on for a while just trying to get my head around everything!!

Trial is finally over -
              3 Charges Dropped
              3 Not Guilty's
              3 Not Proven
              3 Guilty's

Gulity of 2 counts of rape and 1 count of sexual assault!! The sentence .....................30 months in jail but, having already served 8 months on remand and he now only has 7 months to go ( wonders of our justice system he will be out on licence for 15 months) - So........................... it would appear to me that irrespective of your gulit or innocence who are the real victims here?? The women who are genuine and have been raped or assaulted and are in fact aware that any sentence is likely to be this lenient as opposed to the bitter ex-wife who lied threw her teeth in court to avenge herself for the hurt his cheating ways caused her??? or is it the people who are left behind picking up the pieces trying to carry on day to day with all and sundry looking at them as if they were a freak or as if it was them that should be in jail?? I will stand by my man as I know he is no rapist or abuser and irrespective of what anyone else thinks. I sincerely hope that our life's can be picked up and that we can carry on and look to the future. I am under no illusions as to how difficult it will all be but at least we can see an end in sight and he will be home again. As for the ex wife I sincerely hope that she can sleep easy every night for the rest of her life and that her conscience doesn't eventually get the better of her!!! Whats that old saying "What goes around, comes around".

Comment

So sorry to hear your news but I really hope you can rebuild your lives,best wishes and stay strong. x

Comment

I'm so sorry to read this and of the sentence he received; but in view of the relatively short time he will spend inside I wonder if the judge also considered he was also innocent of the 3 charges that the jury did convict on and passed the minimum sentence that he could?
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                    I'm so sorry to read this and of the sentence he received; but in view of the relatively short time he will spend inside I wonder if the judge also considered he was also innocent of the 3 charges that the jury did convict on and passed the minimum sentence that he could?
                    I echo those thoughts.

Are there any appeals being pursued?
                    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Update!

Sorry haven't been on here for several months if you have followed my thread you'll understand why. Anyway to get to the point have just returned from an ICM at the prison - my partner is out 11 weeks today!! (on licence for 15 months). Having had to sit and listen to the social workers get their information wrong multiple times ref previous convictions etc (he has none) at this point in time you would think they would have their act together really they still can't tell us if he will be able to return home to the house we shared prior to his conviction. Has anyone on here been through the process of convicted and been released on licence??

Comment

Are his convictions against someone under age?

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
                          Are his convictions against someone under age?
                          No his conviction was against his ex wife!

Comment

My fa was against my ex that I had a child with, I have had a lot of dealings with ss because of this them trying to keep me away from my son with my new partner.
                            Had a plo meeting with them which there own sol said they could use this against me as i had not been convict and they fa where not against a child ( like his aren't).
                            I would surgest speaking to ss worker and see what there view is( I know they are a bunch of Cxxts). They may want to monitor the home life for abit.
                            Sorry if I upset u asking if they were against a child but I hope my answer explained why I asked it.

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
                              My fa was against my ex that I had a child with, I have had a lot of dealings with ss because of this them trying to keep me away from my son with my new partner.
                              Had a plo meeting with them which there own sol said they could use this against me as i had not been convict and they fa where not against a child ( like his aren't).
                              I would surgest speaking to ss worker and see what there view is( I know they are a bunch of Cxxts). They may want to monitor the home life for abit.
                              Sorry if I upset u asking if they were against a child but I hope my answer explained why I asked it.
                              I am so beyond being upset lol having gone through the whole drama of him being held on remand for eight months then a very publicised court case which in fact made national television news headlines!!! Police stated they had removed an extremely dangerous individual from society to him being given a 30 month sentence (work that one out) having now served his custodial part of the sentence as I said he's due out 14th Nov. social services have now decided to descend into my life - as in am I actually suitable for him to return to living with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X