No announcement yet.

PLEASE ADVISE! I'm innocent and baffled by ludicrous allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi and welcome but sorry you had to find us. You've been given some great advice and support already. You mat find this thread helpful to you

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

It is impossible to second guess whether you will be charged based on other cases as each one is different. The thing to remember is that the police are not your friends and have conviction targets to meet and aren't necessarily interested in who is innocent.... Don't talk to them without a solicitor present and don't volunteer information they haven't asked for especially if you think it will help you. They will go back to the girl with that info and she will change her story to fit - she is allowed to do this. (However if you change your story at any time because you genuinely forgot something before, they will accuse you of lying!!!!!).
    keep any social media/email/text exchanges stored somewhere electronically where the police can't get it if they seize your laptop/phone etc.
    Don't underestimate the emotional toll this is likely to have on you and those close to you. You may want to seek support from your GP....keep strong keep posting and we'll help all we can
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
      Hi IM - Welcome to the forum and sorry you find yourself on here. Alcohol and 'can't remember syndrome ring a very bitter bell with me. This could just blow away, but it might not, so without wishing to alarm you, I believe forewarned is forearmed.

Be prepared to be re-bailed several times and for it to be some time ( several months) before you know whether you're going to be charged or not.

One of the things the police will be waiting for now are the results from forensic tests. Presumably they will have taken a urine and blood test from the other person. Your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) should also have been tested. Were you given a blood test? If so how soon after your last had a drink was it?

If this is done soon enough, BAC can be traced back to a specific time eg the time sex took place giving an estimation of how drunk the person was at that time. This will indicate whether the person was in a fit state to consent at the time and whether it could be the cause of her memory loss. If both parties have been tested it will show whether you were equally pissed or not and deductions can be made from that.

If you weren't tested soon enough or not at all, it could be said that you weren't pissed but she was and this is something you MUST discuss with your solicitor when the tests come back.

Don't underestimate the deviousness of plod and make sure you have someone ace defending you.

This is a useful link - there are others .... a definitive BAC is actually quite difficult to calculate as individual metabolisms differ and can be influenced by other issues, but it is used as a guide.

http://www.rupissed.com/ I suggest you use the calculator then look at 'Effects on the Body'

In the mean-time... try not to become obsessed with it all and live as normal life as possible including enjoying yourself.

Good-luck!

Hi myhome, my blood was not taken at all. should i be worried? I offered everything to them and cooperated fully.

Comment

Don't be unduly worried, but, if someone ever says that you deliberately got her horrendously drunk so that you could have your wicked way with her while you only had very little , that's inaccurate (this happened to us ). Had you been breathalysed or had your blood taken in time they would have had a reading to go on. So long as it's made quite clear that no such test was done on you should this go any further, that argument falls apart.
        The point is they're not interested in obtaining evidence to find out the truth in an impartial and balanced way. That's why you need to gather your own evidence, however far-fetched it seems including statements from the waiter and person in the taxi office. Keep the receipt from the restaurant and any others from that evening.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
          Don't be unduly worried, but, if someone ever says that you deliberately got her horrendously drunk so that you could have your wicked way with her while you only had very little , that's inaccurate (this happened to us ). Had you been breathalysed or had your blood taken in time they would have had a reading to go on. So long as it's made quite clear that no such test was done on you should this go any further, that argument falls apart.
          The point is they're not interested in obtaining evidence to find out the truth in an impartial and balanced way. That's why you need to gather your own evidence, however far-fetched it seems including statements from the waiter and person in the taxi office. Keep the receipt from the restaurant and any others from that evening.
          do you think there is a realistic (51% or more) prospect of conviction based on the above? is this not the test they apply when charging?

Comment

It's hard for anyone to give you that answer Innocentman as no one here has the full details like the police have at the minute.

Based on what you have told us it does seem you are in a strong position but no case is the same and as previous posters have said it really is just a waiting game sadly to see what is the next step.

Comment

Hi INNOCENTman1
              "do you think there is a realistic (51% or more) prospect of conviction based on the above? is this not the test they apply when charging? "

I know you are desperately seeking an answer but like all of us waiting to hear of a charge or NFA nobody at all knows and I think its best you try to forget analysing whether it will or wont get to charge. Focus on your defence should it get to charge or just try take some time out to get things off your mind.

The percentages from what I see from most cases are meaningless. There are cases where things should never have gone far due to poor conflicting statements as the only evidence taken on. As there are so many variables on whether a case makes, its these variables which make it impossible to predict whats going to happen.

To name just a couple of variables such as: the officer in charges handling of the case; ethically/unethically poorly/text book guidelines - the person in the police who makes the decision to pass it to the CPS or not - the actual person/people in the CPS who pick the case up to say yes or no. As you can see as its handled by people who each think differently to each other and interpret things like guidelines differently the 51% really goes out of the window here especially on sexual cases.

Sitting it out waiting for news good or bad is torture I know

Comment

I'd agree with Tiger.

I spent the whole year before my charge researching and looking up similair cases which did me no favours except feen my anxiety and put me in panic mode.

However it's easy for people to tell you that, people told me the same and I continued to do these things as it was the only way I thought I could cope.

I hope this is over soon for you but take what little comfort you can from the fact you are not alone in this and many on here are in or were in the same situation.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your predicament.

It is a never ending situation where you will have so many questions, constantly seeking reassurance, constantly trying to find similar cases.

You are asking questions that we have all asked.

These situations unfortunately tend to go on for a long time with no urgency. No regard is paid to what the FA'd is going through.

And trying to fathom out the thinking of police/CPS is torturous.

Try to remain calm and stay strong.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                    Sorry to hear of your predicament.

It is a never ending situation where you will have so many questions, constantly seeking reassurance, constantly trying to find similar cases.

You are asking questions that we have all asked.

These situations unfortunately tend to go on for a long time with no urgency. No regard is paid to what the FA'd is going through.

And trying to fathom out the thinking of police/CPS is torturous.

Try to remain calm and stay strong.
                    How can the False Accuser live with themselves knowing what they have done?

Comment

the compensation helps with that
                      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
                        the compensation helps with that
                        Isn't that the truth!

For those few not motivated by greed, I doubt they have the slightest inkling of what the falsely accused go through. I really think double lie detector should be used before charging. It would save the sanity of the innocent, provide a basis for prosecution for malicious claims and reduce unnecessary costs. My guess is that FAs would drop dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by INNOCENTman1 View Post
                          How can the False Accuser live with themselves knowing what they have done?
                          They have no conscience, moral values or the emotion of guilt
                          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
                          X