No announcement yet.

Tired.... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi IG, This last period before trial is rubbish (as is all of the FA experience). I've been there with my partner who received a quick NG verdict.

Our last few weeks passed slowly with much discussion about the strong defence. However the scariness of a negative outcome was constantly on my mind.

Luckily we are busy with family commitments which assisted in making time pass. However my mind was still running overtime. Exhaustion helped get some sleep at nights.

I guess my only advice is that you need to try to keep occupied (as MH has already advised)
    But also try to take comfort that the jury are made up of normal people. You state that you have a great defence team. This seems to be paramount in FA cases where it is one person word against another. The truth will come out and the liar will trip up.

Wising you lots of strength for the next 2 weeks. Keep posting.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
      Hi IG, This last period before trial is rubbish (as is all of the FA experience). I've been there with my partner who received a quick NG verdict.

Our last few weeks passed slowly with much discussion about the strong defence. However the scariness of a negative outcome was constantly on my mind.

Luckily we are busy with family commitments which assisted in making time pass. However my mind was still running overtime. Exhaustion helped get some sleep at nights.

I guess my only advice is that you need to try to keep occupied (as MH has already advised)
      But also try to take comfort that the jury are made up of normal people. You state that you have a great defence team. This seems to be paramount in FA cases where it is one person word against another. The truth will come out and the liar will trip up.

Wising you lots of strength for the next 2 weeks. Keep posting.

Thanks MH and CIGW

My wife hit the nail on the head this morning.. its starting to get real again now..

I am keeping my self busy, still working hard.. got lots of projects on the go.

My sister and my mum are friends with the FA sister on their facebook, it was the anniversary of my brother death a few days ago.. and mum posted a heart warming post about this.. and the FA sister put a like against the post..

By the way shes a "prosecution witness"...

I found that odd, and a touch insensitive.....

I like what you said CIGW about the jury made up of normal joes like me.... it does reassure me.

Love for now IG XXX

Comment

[QUOTE
        My wife hit the nail on the head this morning.. its starting to get real again now..

QUOTE]

Yes I know what she means. We spent 2 years in a sort of surreal atmosphere, thinking this could not be real and then the reality of it strikes especially nearer the trial.

I still look back and cannot believe this experience actually happened.

This is the final part. It will be tough week but you may well be aghast with how weak the prosecution is.

Be yourself. Try to stay calm. Try to answer the questions clearly. And remember liars are prone to tie themselves in knots.

Best Wishes.

Comment

Hi CIGW

My wife is going to be sat in the gallery through out my ordeal shortly, where you with any of the accused family during your husbands trial?

I hate the thought of this.. and my family cant be with her at least until after they have given their evidence....

I just wondered how you coped with this?

Thanks IG X

Comment

Good luck! Try to concentrate and stay alert throughout.

Take paper and pen with you to write anything that crops up in your mind or from the case .

Arrange with your barrister a way of communication with him/her during the hearing.

Now there are no longer canteens in court , check out where to get something to eat/grab a coffee during breaks .

Listen to your favourite music or film, lots of relaxing baths /showers/ massages. Spoil yourself and sleep

Comment

Not long to go now.

Hi Guys

Not long to go, I need this to be over now.. I feel my self getting lower and lower each day.. and I am nearly burnt out.

18 months to get here.. and I am saving my last bit of energy for the battle of my life next week.

I tell you what.. I have listen to this link 1000000000 times when im low and I feel there is no hope..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmVOuLgFB0

Watch it, it picks you up!

Much Love, IG.

Comment

Hi IG im glad to hear your ordeal is coming to an end; keeping my fingers crossed.

I like the part at 4:00 .. fight our way into the light ... out of this hell. Indeed very up picking xxx

Comment

Hi IG, Keep strong, I know exactly how your feeling, we too are only a couple of weeks away now,Part of me is trying my hardest not to think about it, the other half makes me scared sick. Will be thinking of you and your wife , x

Comment

Good luck

Hi don't really know you, but have looked at your posts and wish you all the best. We are in the midst of this with Trial next year.i totally understand how you feel. We are devestated and must coping.
                    Good luck that you get your result as you deserve xx

Comment

Sending streams of positive thoughts through the ether.....
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the week ahead.
                        The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by frightened spouse View Post
                          Just wanted to wish you all the best for the week ahead.
                          Hi Frightened Spouse,

Thank you very much for thinking of me, it means a lot. This forum has been a great support over the past 18 months.

Well.. Im ready, my wife and I met with the barrister this morning and he went over the key facts for the week ahead... from the facts he explained to me, I have a strong defense and solid evidence..

Soooooo.. this is my second attempt now of going to trial, with the previous one being postponed.

I will keep you all updated, it may not be every day.. it depends how my frame of mind is!

Much Love IG.

Comment

Hi IG - many positive vibes coming your way through the ether....really pleased you have confidence in your defence team. Will be thinking of you and getting the finger ready hovering over the Bananas' button....many hugs
                            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

If you can, please do keep us updated every day.
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thoughts are with you .....hope all goes well

Comment

Working...
                                X