Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Services with to much power

Hi All,

I was absolutely blown away by how much power Social Services have in England after I read this story it really made my blood boil.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/01/pregna...vices-4208673/

Regards,

Ghost....B

It's unbelievable , isn't it? The SS and the police seem to be getting completely OOC - quite the opposite from the "friends of the people" they're supposed to be (and being payed for). Successive governments have created organisations with apparently unlimited power. Are they answerable to anyone?
    If you've got the stomach for it, Ken Loach deals with it pretty realisticly in his film 'Ladybird, ladybird'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t295Hsi5t54

Comment

Hi Whatsgoing on,

I thought the police were our public servants and as such their job is to serve and protect the public. However after 13 odd allegations by one person all they say is their is nothing they can do. I do not feel very served or protected. The social services again are supposed to help families stay together well its what I have been told. Yet they seem more eager to split families up. The government seem to turn a blind eye to what is actually going on in fact giving out more legislation making it easier for the SS and police to abuse their powers. I am not saying they all like this however more and more so seems o be abusing what power they have. Most of us do not know our rights and that seems to give others the right to walk all over us.

As for the link thank you very much I will be trying to source a copy somewhere. I think with the advent of the internet now that maybe a new film or a short set of three films one based on the SS and they are. One on the police and the way they abuse their position and another on people being wrongly accused of rape. This may highlight the that there are real problems with the way the system works.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

Working...
      X