• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not be afraid

Only a month till Christmas
    Should I be happy? Should I be sad ?
    What will Christmas be like this year?
    I’ll try, but I can’t promise to fill it with cheer.
    You'll have to forgive me if my eyes fill with tears.

You hold your head in the sand, pretending you don’t understand but in the end we both
    want the answers no-one can give.
    ( What would it be like, what would be my life, without you?)

Plod was mean… I mean; a bail-date just after new-year’s eve!
    Didn’t he know it means you’ll have to rush off and leave ?
    Wouldn’t’ it have been better before we opened our presents –
    ( which we’re now holding with tender resplendence)
    Knowing that you’d have , and we’d have you, at least another 6 weeks?

That Christmas not yet a year ago , I remember it well (how could I forget???)
    Not the wondrous , joyful, hospitable Christmas of years ago, but one isolated, intimate hell.
    We survived.

So this year I surprise myself,
    I’ve already sprayed walnuts silver and glitter on my otherwise boring Christmas cards and cut out gift tabs out of all the old ones .
    I’ve bought, cut up, weighed and measured the ingredients for the cake and left it to sake (e-hum, soak) so all the currants and other bits fatten up (with rum ) .
    I haven’t yet ordered, but soon will, a turkey, or goose or chicken or soy burgers ( I haven’t decided yet) and looking forward to who’s going to come ….

And do you know… whereas in previous years I would go through the motions with stale routine
    I’m aware of looking forward to Christmas in a fragile (almost green) but elated way -
    to celebrating with you , this happening long ago, which started with these words , ….

‘Do not be afraid’
    Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 23 November 2013, 09:48 PM.

This has struck so many chords.....brilliantly written
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Beautiful words which pulled on my heartstrings.
      I remember last year was hell and we thought it would never end.
      No family Xmas... Hubby and I alone.

Such a lot is different now and our Daughter and Grand Daughter will be around this year.
      There won't be the family get together again as its still too raw for that to happen.
      But.... we are all safe and we will be able to give presents and love again. We have a future.

Never give up the fight my friends, the end of hell will arrive for you too.
      Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Thank you both. It's hardest being there but it's also hard having been there. We spent 2 Xmases under the FA cloud. At least you can start living again this side of it . It was such a hard fight, but so so worth it.

So pleased to hear you'll be seeing your daughter and grand-daughter, LP... what was it all about, eh?

Comment

Working...
        X