X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhome View Post
    Hi Helen - sent you and email - hope it arrived....MH
    Hi MH,

Not received the email yet, but really looking forward to emailing it.

Helen

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
      Hi Helen - sent you and email - hope it arrived....MH
      Hi MH

Is there any chance you could re-send the email to me? It hasn't arrived!

Thanks,
      Helen

Comment

Like me it appears that you must have set your profile to receive no PMs unless they are nominated contacts

Have just sent an email. It looks as though the emailed notifications do not always work from this site. I've only just come on to have a nosy and seen posts added to this thread.
        Last edited by Rights Fighter; 12 November 2013, 07:57 PM.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by HelenRW View Post
          Hi MH

Is there any chance you could re-send the email to me? It hasn't arrived!

Thanks,
          Helen
          Hi Helen - I will email again at the weekend - I am finding this week emotionally very difficult as it was a year ago yesterday I got the letter from the police and a year ago this Friday I was interrogated. I just need to get through this week then I will email you.....MH
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

all sounds a bit wierd to me coming on here

Why would you come on here and want to get in peoples heads that have been to hell and back. I think their may be a hidden agenda here as your interest is not direct and even understanding to what people have had happen to them. and to be honest im surprised your university would be happy the way you have gone about it.and conducted yourself

you should go to a more reliable source than on here because you could be contacting someone who is in turmoil or ill and who may even be giving you unfounded or bogus advice. and your lack of compassion seems to me to be below par

If your that clever go through MLV representative and get a true court account than here say( you quoted your petrified about women against rape ) that's a weird statement. I would advise no one to talk to you on here because at 21 years old I don't think your write up is genuine

Originally posted by HelenRW View Post
            Well my name is Helen, I am a 21 year old journalism Masters student.

The reason I chose this topic is solely down the one case.
            The Michael Le Vell case really opened my eyes to the horrors that people accused can go through. Not just themselves but the families and friends. It shocked me so much that we let this happen I started researching other cases and seeing the torment people have for their whole lives after being falsely accused. As part of my course i was asked to create a piece to do with ethics in journalism and it seemed the perfect opportunity to look even further into this.

I was appalled to learn that people accused used to have anonymity and it was then changed in the law in the 80s. I want to raise awareness to the pain it can cause.

To make it a fair piece I have to talk to someone who disagrees with the idea. I am talking to a lady from the group Women Against Rape who are strongly against giving anonymity (I'm not going to lie-I'm petrified!)

As for having an actor- it's not an idea I had thought of but I thank you for it because it's defiantly something I would be willing to do. I had only thought of blacking the person out and making them a silhouette so thank you for that

Is there anything else you would like to know?
            Helen

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments but I would like to reply to them as I believe you are completely wrong. All I have tried to be on this site is genuine and I have never held anything back. It was my tutor who suggested I used the site.

I am completely genuine and i am honestly not sure why you say I am not. I was asked to produce a piece to with ethics and seeing as I am very passionate and interested in this argument it was something I wanted to look into. There is DEFINITELY no hidden agenda and the piece will not even be seen from people other than my tutors.

I believe I have been as understanding as possible and have explained everything I possibly can, listening to people's views and answering everything that has been asked of me.

Best wishes,
              Helen

QUOTE=spiderman1966;44988]Why would you come on here and want to get in peoples heads that have been to hell and back. I think their may be a hidden agenda here as your interest is not direct and even understanding to what people have had happen to them. and to be honest im surprised your university would be happy the way you have gone about it.and conducted yourself

you should go to a more reliable source than on here because you could be contacting someone who is in turmoil or ill and who may even be giving you unfounded or bogus advice. and your lack of compassion seems to me to be below par

If your that clever go through MLV representative and get a true court account than here say( you quoted your petrified about women against rape ) that's a weird statement. I would advise no one to talk to you on here because at 21 years old I don't think your write up is genuine[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Helen

MyHome has emailed you - hope you got that one. One of my members says she would be prepared to write a statement but will not be filmed, silhouetted, voice disguised or otherwise. I will let you know if anybody else steps forward.

Most people who have been through false allegations are terrified of potential vigilante action and the fear of that can be huge. Trust has completely gone once a person is FALSELY accused of such horrendous crimes.

Could you not just use some of the comments from here?

Comment

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help!! If she is willing to write a statement would she allow someone to read that for her- an actor or something? I understand if not.

Again thanks for your help!
                  Helen

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  Hi Helen

MyHome has emailed you - hope you got that one. One of my members says she would be prepared to write a statement but will not be filmed, silhouetted, voice disguised or otherwise. I will let you know if anybody else steps forward.

Most people who have been through false allegations are terrified of potential vigilante action and the fear of that can be huge. Trust has completely gone once a person is FALSELY accused of such horrendous crimes.

Could you not just use some of the comments from here?

Comment

I'll post up your answer on my forums and see what she says.

Many thanks for your swift response

Comment

Working...
                    X