Is it worth pursuing a 'Perveting the course of justice' complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth pursuing a 'Perveting the course of justice' complaint

Good evening all. I have been falsely accused of three (3) counts of rape by an ex-girlfriend.
    I need to fill you in on the story, its a bit lengthy so bear with me.

I've been seeing an ex-girlfriend for sex over the past eighteen (18) months. We're not dating, casual hookups from time to time.
    On the way back from a meeting I received a text from her, "Do I wand to meet for a beer?", which it her code for do I want sex.

I met her and we had a beer, agree to go to my place for a quickie before going out to a local restaurant. It's mid afternoon.

After having sex she's wanting to stay the night. I don't want her to stay the night, work is busy and I say "No".
    She flies into a rage, shouts a lot of abuse at me and storms out of the house to her car. I've seen her temper before and lock the door.
    She attempts to re-enter the house. Discovers locked door and tries to break the window with a stick, however this fails (toughened glass).
    She now rams the rear of my car four (4) times with her car before driving away.

Calmly I call the police non-emergency number and tell them about the car damage. They inform me that this has to be dealt with as a domestic issue.
    Two officers are sent to my home. I give them all of the information. They tell me 'We'll stay with you for a bit because there is usually a counter claim'.

During the evening I get texts from her alluding to "If you press charges I'll claim rape" and one message actually says "If you drop your charged I'll drop mine".
    There are sixteen (16) messages in to total. My phone was in the hands of one officer while they arrived, the second is writing them down.

When the police contact her she claims I raped her. The police say to me "We are not idiots, we can see what she'd doing. You are not being nicked tonight".

She is interviewed by the police the next day and denies ramming the car. Unfortunately she does not know the neighbors witnessed the event.
    I receive a phone call from a DC that they want to interview me about the rape allegation.
    I receive an email from the police stating that "No further action will be taken about the criminal damage as it is not in the public interest".

It takes eight (8) weeks to finally get an interview date with the DC.
    Interviewed under caution I now find that I'm faced with accusations of rape dating back to November 2010, three (3) counts in total.
    I'm not under arrest, I have not been charged. The interview is a disaster for the DC and my lawyer says this will probably be filed without any further action.

Two weeks after the interview the police call me and want to take picture of my main bedroom and collect the Ann Summers ropes from the drawer (she claimed to have been tied up during one (1) rape allegation).

So here I am, its been twelve weeks (12) since the incident and the messages I see from the police are;

To her;
    It's OK to lose your temper, use your vehicle as a weapon, lie to the police and pervert the course of justice - we will take no action.

To me;
    If you're a victim of a crime and the perpetrator is female then don't call us. All she has to do is claim "rape" and you will switch from victim to offender instantly.

I'm now worried, why haven't I had a letter from CPS saying "No further action"?
    My car is damaged, I want to get her insurance company to fix it. How am I to achieve that?

I'm so frustrated by the police, who do I complain too about my treatment?
    Some friends say that I should pursue a charge against her for perverting the course of justice, other say that will require to much resource (time/money/energy) and to let it go.

It consumes a lot of my thinking time and makes me feel angry.

What action to I take, or is it better to take no action at all?

I dont know for sure but i am pretty certain you cannot really do anything if they dont want to press charges.

A private prosecution may be possible if you have the money to back this although, again, i dont know if this would be possible or not.

At least you have found your motive though if a rape prosecution is made. Albeit it will probably be challenged by the prosecution as they try to render all evidence supportive of the Defendant inadmissable whilst they recklessly ride roughshod over the interests of justice in the pursuit of a conviction no matter what.

Im just a little bit bitter towards them!

Make sure you never trust the Police or CPS one inch because they do not care about justice, they are just looking for a conviction.

Fingers crossed for you.

SJ

Comment

Hi,

Can I just answer the easy question If you have comprehensive insurance on your car, make a claim giving the reg no and name and address of the other party. They will claim against the other party on your behalf. If by some chance (!) she has not reported the incident to her insurance company then it should be classed as a hit and run which ought to be a criminal offence (but don't hold your breath on this one!)

I suppose I should have a try at the hard one as well........she now has cleverly backdated the rape allegations doubtless so she can claim that the pent-up trauma of being raped caused her to ram your car rather than that the pent-up frustration at being chucked out after the act of intercourse resulted in a rape allegation.

I have lost count of similar scenarios that have been detailed on this forum, but regardless of your actions hardly being those of a gentleman, you don't deserve retribution in the form she has dealt you.

You have not been arrested or charged so I guess that the police are wondering how they can easily divest themselves of what is basically a domestic. They have taken the easy (and correct) option of referring it to the CPS who have quickly shoved it to the back of their box.

I'll make a modest bet that this one isn't going anywhere but it won't go anywhere for a while so you will have to sweat it out.

Regarding any counterclaim I strongly advise you not to rock the boat in any way and don't contact her (apart from via your insurance company)
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

The alleged rape case is not over yet so it would be pointless trying to have her prosecuted for perverting the course of justice. Also you cannot do that, the police might consider it if they find she has lied, although usually they need an admission of guilt before proceeding (although not always).
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

How long does it take the CPS to make a decision?

Hello All,

Its been over one (1) year since I was falsely accused. Since my "interview under caution" in September 2013 I have heard nothing from the CPS. I'm not going to rock the boat by phoning them but I was expecting a 'No further action" letter. Is this normal (i.e. to hear nothing for over a year).

I'd like to have confirmation that this event is finally over.

Regards,
          VtO

Comment

Originally posted by VictimToOffender View Post
            Hello All,

Its been over one (1) year since I was falsely accused. Since my "interview under caution" in September 2013 I have heard nothing from the CPS. I'm not going to rock the boat by phoning them but I was expecting a 'No further action" letter. Is this normal (i.e. to hear nothing for over a year).

Regards,
            VtO

I have heard that the CPS have so many cases now, that they are probably overwhelmed with cases of this nature. Your case will be put right at the back so it will be a waiting game. This is normal. Stay strong, don't rock her boat, the police or CPS. Keep out of any trouble and don't talk to the officer involved with your case about the case, without talking to your solicitor first. Write everything down about what happened and screen shot anything on Facebook etc that can be used as evidence, if need be. I think this case will be dropped, but CPS are just overwhelmed with these false allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by VictimToOffender View Post
              Hello All,

Regards,
              VtO
              Hi VtO - I didn't hear a final decision for 21 and 1/2 months. Others have been longer and others have been shorter. it's just not possible to predict how long CPS will take and there is very little you can do to hurry them up - though I did see my local MP and that did elicit some responses both from CPS and Chief Constable.....keep strong
              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
              X