My son has been falsely accused of rape and I don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cat View Post
    Have just been informed that my son's trial has been postponed and will now take place in Feb 2015. Seems to be going on forever.

Did they say why it had been postponed?
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
      What a load of bulls××t, have they given u a reason why they are putting it back so long?
      No reason, solicitor just said he was notified of change of date by Crown Court and we have to do as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        Did they say why it had been postponed?
        No reason given, solicitor just said he was notified of change of date by Crown Court and we have to do as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          Which solicitor in particular, and barrister (and his chambers?)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add it to my list
          Hi RF,

Babygirl2014 made the recommendation of this solicitor when I was worrying about how to find a decent solicitor. I didn't follow it up and her partner was found guilty unfortunately.

I am willing to give you details of my son's solicitor and barrister by PM or email though since the case is still ongoing & I don't want to be identified on here. I will reserve judgement on how good they are until after February though the solicitor has been very kind and helpful.

Cat

Comment

I'm a mum of a son going through this and he is being re interviewed next week and is terrified. As am I. With his sister back from travelling for a year and knows nothing about this yet he is utterly terrified of telling her. He said he would rather be telling her he has cancer than this. So with my father also dying and my mother who died early this year, her inquest happening shortly, I am mentally and physically exhausted but cannot show anything to anyone to hide it. Thank god for ADs .

What I am finding right now with my son is if i suggest anything he flies into a panic attack so am at a loss to suggest anything. We ( my sister and myself ) will be going with his sol to the station with him. Suited and booted of course.

Any advice there? Please ...

Comment

Cat

I'm really sorry to hear about this delay. It's cruel to keep postponing things and there is no regard for the stress this puts on everyone.

Incredulous

I'm sure your daughter will be supportive. It may help your son when she returns as he will have someone else to talk to nearer his own age. As for 'full on panic mode', who can blame him?

I take it his solicitor will also be attending next week?

You have such a lot on your plate so make sure you are taking good care of yourself too.

Comment

Thank you yes, my tummy is in permanent upset mode and I've lost 3/4 stone in two months now. She will be supportive of course, but she will be hit by a juggernaut when she knows and she is too sensitive to all the changes she is encountering coming back and her plans for taking a degree also are up in the air. It was bad enough her coming back to see her grandad skeletal and dying without hitting her with this yet, she is only been back a few days ..he will tell her when he's ready but can barely look at her right now without getting into a state. Ps he has told me and his aunt absolutely everything about the 'relationship' he us only guilty of being naive. Of course I can understand his panic!!!! but it's hard to try and suggest anything right now that may help him. Bless him.

I'm so sorry Cat this is a living hell isn't it?
                Last edited by Incredulous; 8 August 2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

My heart goes out to you and your family. Our son was FA,( its a long story) but he told the truth right from the start and continues too, unfortunately for him and us the jury believed her version (of which there was a couple) . We are now in a fight to clear his name and to get his life back. The road has had many twists and turns, but we will NEVER give up. Its hard to remember what life was like before all of this nightmare, we live and breathe it 24/7.
                  I really wish you and your son the very best, but before going to trial make sure in your own mind that your legal team have everything, ask them if they have hounded the CPS to get all 'Disclosed' information, don't leave anything to chance. Keep strong, its all you have at times.

Hope is Faith holding its hand out in the dark.

Comment

So cruel they keep dragging these things out,it's like they want to break you before you even have a chance to prove your innocence!
                    Stay strong,I never thought I would make it but found a strength I never knew I had but it is like hovering by the gates of hell waiting to see if you get pulled in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat View Post
                      Hi RF,

Babygirl2014 made the recommendation of this solicitor when I was worrying about how to find a decent solicitor. I didn't follow it up and her partner was found guilty unfortunately.

I am willing to give you details of my son's solicitor and barrister by PM or email though since the case is still ongoing & I don't want to be identified on here. I will reserve judgement on how good they are until after February though the solicitor has been very kind and helpful.

Cat
                      Unfortunately even the best sols and barristers sometimes end up with their client getting the wrong verdict. It is not always a reflection on how good they are. Any sols who say they have never lost a case I would hesitate to believe.

Let us know how things go

Comment

Sorry Cat just seen the reply to my reply, I dont get on here as often as I should due to numerous other stuff going on in my, what some call life.

Hope all goes well with everything.
                        Still here

Comment

Trial has started

Don't really know what to say just letting you all know day 1 is over.

Comment

Cat, having mega problems with my broadband at the moment. I got your FB message but can't ring until tomorrow. I note you are off out any minute and back after 7pm.

Comment

Good luck Cat and son. Looking back all that time ago , I was the first person to answer your first post - I hope I didn't terrify you back then.

This week you both need to be alert, with-it, fighting fit .. as far as possible. You'll also both need to re-charge your batteries during breaks and in the evenings and do things away from each other. We went to see the Bond film Skyfall right in the middle of it all which really transported us.

If you and your son have best friends or a favourite family memeber, this is the time to call on them for company and distraction. Having my son's best friend stay with us for a couple of days during this ordeal was a great help to him and us because although we were obsessed with it , it made us think and talk of other things.

In court, your son should have paper and pen with him to jot things down he doesn't agree with and have a pre-arranged method of communicating with his barrister. It must be so easy to be sat in that box and not react adequately or at the appropriate times to things that are going pear-shaped.

Keeping everything crossed for you and him. Be gentle on each other and yourselves

Big hugs
                              Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 9 February 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Cat

I can't believe you were posting before me and only now are you actually in court. What an endless process for you all.

I went out with an old friend for lunch yesterday and we were catching up about the boys, which brought this site to my mind today. My son is still at the same school as his FA and is desperate to leave and start afresh to do his A levels elsewhere. Although the CPS and the girl didn't progress with the accusation, the trauma of the police investigation really blighted his life for a while and has left scars. He is doing okay, but I'm so angry that a stupid girl and the police caused so much upset. Needless to say her ways haven't changed and she has progressed onto harder drugs and wilder partying!

I feel so lucky and blessed we aren't facing your challenge - but very aware it could have been so different for us.

Wishing you justice and luck - think you are due both.

Comment

Working...
                                X