My son has been falsely accused of rape and I don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
    Good luck Cat and son. Looking back all that time ago , I was the first person to answer your first post - I hope I didn't terrify you back then.

This week you both need to be alert, with-it, fighting fit .. as far as possible. You'll also both need to re-charge your batteries during breaks and in the evenings and do things away from each other. We went to see the Bond film Skyfall right in the middle of it all which really transported us.

If you and your son have best friends or a favourite family memeber, this is the time to call on them for company and distraction. Having my son's best friend stay with us for a couple of days during this ordeal was a great help to him and us because although we were obsessed with it , it made us think and talk of other things.

In court, your son should have paper and pen with him to jot things down he doesn't agree with and have a pre-arranged method of communicating with his barrister. It must be so easy to be sat in that box and not react adequately or at the appropriate times to things that are going pear-shaped.

Keeping everything crossed for you and him. Be gentle on each other and yourselves

Big hugs
    Thanks for the kind advice WGO we are hanging in there at the moment. No you didn't terrify me back I August 2013 I was petrified though and it has been one hell of a roller coaster ride.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger mum View Post
      Hi Cat

I can't believe you were posting before me and only now are you actually in court. What an endless process for you all.

I went out with an old friend for lunch yesterday and we were catching up about the boys, which brought this site to my mind today. My son is still at the same school as his FA and is desperate to leave and start afresh to do his A levels elsewhere. Although the CPS and the girl didn't progress with the accusation, the trauma of the police investigation really blighted his life for a while and has left scars. He is doing okay, but I'm so angry that a stupid girl and the police caused so much upset. Needless to say her ways haven't changed and she has progressed onto harder drugs and wilder partying!

I feel so lucky and blessed we aren't facing your challenge - but very aware it could have been so different for us.

Wishing you justice and luck - think you are due both.
      Thanks for your kind words TM. It's awful for your son to have to go to the same school as his FA.

Comment

Not Guilty

Four and a half days on trial and the jury returned after 55 minutes to find my son and his friend not guilty on all charges.

:

I have dreamed of this day for a long time now. If you know you are innocent don't give up without a fight.

Comment

Cat - That is fantastic news ... so pleased for your son and his friend

Comment

Cat; This has been such a long ordeal for you, seems to have been going on forever.

Thank goodness you have all survived and finally got the right outcome
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Cat

It's been so long that I can't find words to reward you enough for your tenacity.
              You are a Mum and I have the greatest respect for the mothers helping their sons in this forum.
              Bless you and be proud of yourself and your son Cat.

Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Thank goodness! This is really fantastic news! Well done Cat, it's been hard, hasn't it? I really sypathise, but now get him to get out there and live his life, and you yours.

You both deserve (and probably need) some of these....

Big hugs

Comment

Thanks

Just want to thank you all for the bananas and also the support I received from this site over the past 18 months. It really helped to know that we were not alone & not the only ones going through this ordeal (obviously I wouldn't wish this horror on anyone else but you know what I mean).

I'd also like to thank RF for the support she gave me during the week of the trial - she let me rant on about things and let off steam, I think I would have been a total mess without her support.

Comment

I'm glad for you, nice to know it works out for people.
                    Struggling day by day

Comment

Originally posted by Cat View Post
                      Just want to thank you all for the bananas and also the support I received from this site over the past 18 months. It really helped to know that we were not alone & not the only ones going through this ordeal (obviously I wouldn't wish this horror on anyone else but you know what I mean).

I'd also like to thank RF for the support she gave me during the week of the trial - she let me rant on about things and let off steam, I think I would have been a total mess without her support.

Believe me - that wasn't ranting! I've had far, far worse!! My pleasure hon - any time!
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Sorry I know this thread is old but the solicitors mentioned are my OH's and I am extremely worried now. Anybody else had dealings with them?
                        Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

It seems they got the NG verdicts - why are you worried?

Comment

McSorley lewis seemed to lose a case that had major inconsistencys from babygals posts?
                            Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

We're with Mark Buckley at Mcsorley lewis

Comment

Did they lose it though or was it a case that went to a charge? I can't remember the story as she's not been on here for some time.

All solicitors lose cases. Any who say they have never lost one, or only lost one, are lying. They are not in charge of juries or Courts of Appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                X