X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Moderation Team

Hi All

The site has been very busy at the moment and, whilst this sadly means that there are more and more people suffering the issues of rape and false allegations of rape, I am also extremely proud of the work we are all doing as a team to help and support eachother. Each day I come on and new members I haven't even seen yet have two pages worth of excellent advice so thank you

There have been some changes to our moderation team in the past few weeks which need to be announced.

Friday has taken the decision to take a step back from her role as moderator and from the forum in general but over the years she has been with us, she has offered a huge huge support to everyone on both sides of the fence and been a particular support to victims of rape and sexual assault who have come for help.
    Last week, member Saffron also took the decision to step out of her role as moderator and she will be familiar to all members as constant source of patience, understanding and empathy and her input will be greatly missed, although her reasons for taking a step back, whilst personal to her, are utterly understandable

Both moderators will be a huge loss to the team, although I am confident that we will see them again even if for flying visits and their positions will remain open indefinitely, should they ever feel inclined to come back to us.

As the forum is still so busy, we felt that another pair of hands would come in very useful so I have asked member MyHome to join the moderating team and she has very kindly accepted.

So the changes to the team leave the site management team as follows:

Administrator: Faith
    Moderators; RFLH
    Casehardened
    MyHome

And also our fantastic team of Senior Members

As always, we are here to help so any comments, suggestions or even messages of support for our outgoing or incoming moderators are more than welcomed through private message or on our 'Get Help With The Site' section.

And thank you to everyone for your ongoing contributions and support. To everyone, especially who is helping others whilst enduring their own pain, or staying on the site to help others even after their ordeal has come to an end (not that they ever fully do of course)

Cheers
    Faith
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

As a new comer to the forum I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and support I have been given in recent days. It is comforting in a way to know others have faced/ are facing similar horrors and that yours is not an isolated case. This forum is an absolute godsend for those of us that feel isolated, particularly if you have little or no support in the real world.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to conclude that the rise in reports of sex offences both real and false allegations must in some way be due to the high profile media coverage of Jimmy Savile/Yewtree arrests.

Anyway I just wanted to express my gratitude to moderators/users for the invaluable work they do, I can't thank you enough
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Thank you for your kind words frightened spouse.
      I agree that the site's main strength is providing that all important lifeline and understanding to those who are effectively left to suffer in limbo for long periods of time.

Comment

Hi Frightened Spouse - thank you so much for your lovely post - you are so very right. We're all here for each other no matter what "stage" we are all at....
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Just wanted to welcome MyHome to the moderator team. I'm sure you'll do an outstanding job
          "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

well done Myhome, having spoke to you personally I really think that this site can only benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
              well done Myhome, having spoke to you personally I really think that this site can only benefit.
              I have also spoke to Myhome. She is a tremendous asset to this forum. The calming nature of this person is an essential element to this forum as a whole.

There is an unfortunate number of people on here in need. And this place goes a long way in filling that gap. We all seems to be in the dark, which is a scary place. The wide range of people on here who can offer advice, support & listening is a massive help to us all.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
                Hi All

The site has been very busy at the moment and, whilst this sadly means that there are more and more people suffering the issues of rape and false allegations of rape, I am also extremely proud of the work we are all doing as a team to help and support eachother. Each day I come on and new members I haven't even seen yet have two pages worth of excellent advice so thank you

There have been some changes to our moderation team in the past few weeks which need to be announced.

Friday has taken the decision to take a step back from her role as moderator and from the forum in general but over the years she has been with us, she has offered a huge huge support to everyone on both sides of the fence and been a particular support to victims of rape and sexual assault who have come for help.
                Last week, member Saffron also took the decision to step out of her role as moderator and she will be familiar to all members as constant source of patience, understanding and empathy and her input will be greatly missed, although her reasons for taking a step back, whilst personal to her, are utterly understandable

Both moderators will be a huge loss to the team, although I am confident that we will see them again even if for flying visits and their positions will remain open indefinitely, should they ever feel inclined to come back to us.

As the forum is still so busy, we felt that another pair of hands would come in very useful so I have asked member MyHome to join the moderating team and she has very kindly accepted.

So the changes to the team leave the site management team as follows:

Administrator: Faith
                Moderators; RFLH
                Casehardened
                MyHome

And also our fantastic team of Senior Members

As always, we are here to help so any comments, suggestions or even messages of support for our outgoing or incoming moderators are more than welcomed through private message or on our 'Get Help With The Site' section.

And thank you to everyone for your ongoing contributions and support. To everyone, especially who is helping others whilst enduring their own pain, or staying on the site to help others even after their ordeal has come to an end (not that they ever fully do of course)

Cheers
                Faith
                I couldnt agree more with the many comments made and the wonderful things that the kind hearted members are doing on this site. In extreme circumstances it is a contributor to saving lives as well as so much more that is given to an increasing tale of hell.
                I hope that I can stay and continue to help where I can and what a welcome choice 2
                "my home" whom has found so much time in being here for us all.

regards b.m.h

Comment

oh - I don't know what to say - thank you all so much for your lovely thoughts.....brought tears to my eyes.....

I just so wish that there was no need for sites like this, but I don't think that will ever happen It has been a godsend for me and yes - has helped to save my life back in February....

I'm just so pleased to help and support everyone on here because the living hell we are all going through is so awful but is made a lot more bearable by being here...... MH xxxx

Comment

Well done Myhome - very deserving

I'd like to thank Saffron who was a great source of comfort to me when I joined and always had a kind word

I'd also like to say a thank you to Friday who I've often admired for seeing both sides and supporting both - can't always of been easy but she's always managed it.

Comment

Thanks Izzy

Comment

Late to this thread, sorry!
                        Thanks to Faith for his kind words and to everyone else.
                        This forum has been a lifeline for me over the course of the past ten years. I know that sounds dramatic but it is the truth. Everyone here has rescued me when I have been at my lowest ebb and celebrated the highs with me.
                        Unfortunately there is stuff going on in my life that demands my full attention and the time has come for me to step away.
                        I am delighted to hear that the lovely Myhome has been appointed as Mod. Her kindness, empathy and knowledge will be a huge asset to the forum.
                        I hope I will be able to drop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.
                        Love and happiness to you all.
                        Saffron xxx

Comment

Don't be a stranger hon xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                            I am delighted to hear that the lovely Myhome has been appointed as Mod. Her kindness, empathy and knowledge will be a huge asset to the forum..
                            Saffron xxx
                            Awwww - thanks Saffron - hope everything can get sorted for you soon and that you 'll pop in every so often......

Hugs.....MH

Comment

Working...
                            X