Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification of CPS decision.

Hi,

Please could anyone provide any advice. If a bail date is approaching, when do we find out the outcome of whether it is going to be an FA or a charge?

My husbands has been re-bailed a few times but was told this next one was the final one. It is now a few weeks away. If CPS have decided to charge do we find out straight away or if they have decided to charge do they wait for the bail date? We are now waiting each day for a phone call from solicitor as we know CPS are now in a position to make a decision. However, we have not received this phone call so now I am worrying that they have made a decision to charge but they are waiting to til the bail date.

Any answers to this would be very helpful.

I would ask your Solicitor to contact the officer in charge - they sometimes know before hand and can pass on the information.
    I really hope you get some good news

Comment

Hope it's good news too.

Comment

The OIC has always told the solicitor a few days before but this has been re-bails. However this time she said it would be the decision. So naturally, we are now getting anxious. Our solicitor has said she does not want to keep 'pestering' the OIC, so we are really waiting for contact from OIC. Does anyone know if OIC wait for bail date if it is a decision to charge but they inform us sooner if it is a decision to NFA.

Also does anyone know if there can be any outcomes other than 'charge' or NFA?

Comment

hi, my partner was in the same situation lots of re bails before he was charged they didn't give his solicitor any info before hand and said they would let him know if his solicitor would need to be present. They waited for him to come in to answer bail before they charged him and he didn't have a clue till he got there. This probably doesn't make you feel any less worried. All the best I hope it will be over for you soon and you get good news. WG

Comment

Thanks Worriedgirl,

Yes that's what I'm getting scared of. Even tho' bail date is still a few weeks away, I am thinking that because we have NOT heard that it is going to be a 'Charge' decision. I think if it was an NFA, they would let us know well before the bail date.

Can anyone clarify this for us please. I am getting more and more anxious as I am drawing my own conclusions but really want to know if anyone knows the facts.

Sorry to keep going on about it. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light. Please don't spare me the truth if it's bad information they have for me.

Comment

Hi CIGW - sorry I can't help you here either. Second guessing is something we all do and it can be so destructive...every case is different and every plod force is different - so what happened in one case may not necessarily happen in yours...
              However, billykickass told me that when he was charged it was a bit of a relief in that the interminable waiting and not knowing was over and he could begin to really work hard to build his defence and he had a focus....he got 2 Not Guilty btw!!!

keep strong - you've come a long way.......
              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
                Hi CIGW - sorry I can't help you here either. Second guessing is something we all do and it can be so destructive...every case is different and every plod force is different - so what happened in one case may not necessarily happen in yours...
                However, billykickass told me that when he was charged it was a bit of a relief in that the interminable waiting and not knowing was over and he could begin to really work hard to build his defence and he had a focus....he got 2 Not Guilty btw!!!

keep strong - you've come a long way.......
                Hi MH, Yeah I seem to do nothing but 'second guess'. I accept every case is different but I was hoping that there would be a definite answer and it would not differ depending upon the police force and individual OIC. Do they not work to the same rules? Sorry if that seems so niave.

I am now getting more anxious and feeling worse. Am I reading between 'your lines' and jumping to the wrong conclusion that you think there will be a charge decision for us?? I'm sorry if that is a too direct question for you & I hope I haven't offended you by saying that?

I've read 'billykickass' & understand that when there is a charge, it is then the time for the fighting back to begin but like every one else on here, we have so much to loose and the knock on effect it would have on other people's lives as well as our own is untolerable to think about.

Does anyone know if the only 2 outcomes are : 'not enough evidence' (NFA) OR charge? Is there one that says the accuser was telling lies?

Comment

That could also be NFA (no further action). There's also NC (no crime) but that seems to be quite rare. I'm afraid you seem to be grasping at straws, it reminds me of myself just over a year ago and I got a severe shock when he was charged. I think the best course of action is - expect the worst but hope for the best. Once he is charged, you will have things to do, so till the bail date, try to enjoy yourself(no, I'm not mad ) .
                  Don't let the summer pass you by, don't let her ruin that for you aswell for you.
                  Come on, you'll know soon, stop listening out for that phone.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                    Hi MH, Yeah I seem to do nothing but 'second guess'. I accept every case is different but I was hoping that there would be a definite answer and it would not differ depending upon the police force and individual OIC. Do they not work to the same rules? Sorry if that seems so niave.

I am now getting more anxious and feeling worse. Am I reading between 'your lines' and jumping to the wrong conclusion that you think there will be a charge decision for us?? I'm sorry if that is a too direct question for you & I hope I haven't offended you by saying that?

I've read 'billykickass' & understand that when there is a charge, it is then the time for the fighting back to begin but like every one else on here, we have so much to loose and the knock on effect it would have on other people's lives as well as our own is untolerable to think about.

Does anyone know if the only 2 outcomes are : 'not enough evidence' (NFA) OR charge? Is there one that says the accuser was telling lies?
                    Hi CIGW - please don't read between my lines - there is nothing there - I was only stating what I know or have learned from other people's stories. I just think it is impossible to work out in advance what is going to happen, so as WGO has advised - expect to be charged and be relieved if it's not. (And I'm very definitely not offended).

I think the only way the outcome can be that the FA is lying is if she admits it. I asked Tania after BKA's Not Guilty, what happens to his FA. She said, "Nothing." She could also have withdrawn her allegation but don't know how likely that would be.........

As WGO said, try to enjoy the next few weeks by making sure you have lots of things to do and that your days are always filled with activities before they happen......
                    Keep strong babe......we're here for you
                    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks My Home - you are so lovely...... Tears in my eyes.

I am desperate to know answers but suppose I have to face the fact that none of us really know. I don't think any false accuser would ever consider admitting her lies. At this stage, she is in too deep.

It's true to keep busy - we do lead busy lives but the underlying horrendous situation is constantly in the background. And when there are moments of quietness - it all comes back and I shudder about what could soon erupt.

Thank you My Home for being a 'constant'. You are so reliable to everyone. & congratulations on your new role.

Comment

Hi Can it get worse

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the week ahead sending you virtual hugs and positive thoughts.

Last edited by frightened spouse; 11 August 2013, 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling
                        The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by frightened spouse View Post
                          Hi Can it get worse

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the week ahead sending you virtual hugs and positive thoughts.

Thanks FS. for your kind words........... The bail date is not next week but is approaching. I/we had a few days this week which were really rubbish (more rubbisher than usual!). This is difficult on top of the fact that we have to continue as normal for the sake of others.

And it does help when people on here provide kind words and advice.

Comment

best of luck, hope you get the result you hope for
                            Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
                            Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Hi CIGW,

I hope you have received a positive outcome by now. I'm currently in a very similar situation like your husband. Been on bail since May and have been told that my next bail date will be my final one. I have 3 weeks before i am due to attend bail again and like yourself am really anxious and second guessing every possible outcome. Could you kindly tell me what i could expect when i do attend.

Many thanks in advane

Comment

Working...
                              X