Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sending best wishes and hope everything goes well x

Comment

thank you just hoping our nightmare will be over soon.

Comment

Good luck with the trial. Will be thinking and praying for you xx

Comment

thank you all the support from everyone on here is great I don't feel so alone. xx

Comment

Hi WG - it seems such a long time ago that you first told us that the trial was delayed tll March. But you have got there, no doubt - you will have struggled on a daily basis but you have got there.

We have to try to trust in the fact that evil does not prevail. I hope your legal team are well prepared and your partner feels strong.

How are you going on with SS intrusions?

Best Wishes xx

Comment

Hi CIGW, as of January we now have social worker number 5 but they haven't been too intrusive and trust us to stick to the agreement. Had a child in need meeting this morning which was a bit emotional as they wanted to discuss what we would tell the children if the worst should happen which I know we have to think about but isn't easy. I'm hoping my partner is going to cope with court he has suffered depression but the medication he is on has helped a lot.

Comment

Yeah these meetings are a strain and very emotional.

Yes - telling children if worst should happen is the worst thing ever. I feel so bitter towards SS - they have stolen one n half years of our lives. The children are thriving and full of joy but we are on hold and cannot enjoy anything,

Wishing you both all the strength you need to win this case and get on with your lives.

Comment

Only a week to go know part of me doesn't want this week to end feeling scared. The other part of me wants it to hurry up so we can get through the trial and it all be over. I have been keeping busy which helps take my mind off it. my children have just turned 7 and 5 and i am amazed we have got this far without them knowing anything and am praying he gets found not guilty as it will be horrible if i have to tell them if the worst should happen.

Comment

Hi Worriedgirl, I know exactly how you are feeling it was only a short while ago I was supporting my partner through his trial. You want it over but your stomach has constant knots and butterflies that don't go away. All I can say is I wish you good luck for the trial and I really hope he is found not guilty. My partner was found guilty and lets say two weeks on and I still got those feelings now. Also pls spend as much time with your partner as possible before the trial just in case as that is something I regret very much as there was a day or two for me where I went shopping and I should have visited him instead. I really hope you get the right outcome and then you all can be united as a family. Take care will be thinking of you x

Comment

Thanks babygal I'm sorry about your partner its so awful that innocent people get found guilty. I'm dreading it how we will get through the trial. thanks for your advice about spending time together I definitely will be and will have to be strong for him to help him get through the trial. take care

Comment

Hi WG - this is going to be a long week for you. It will help if you have physically and mentally challenging activities to keep you busy and to help you to sleep. Keep strong and keep posting and we'll support you all we can
                        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

WG - sending big hugs and love. Hopefully your nightmare will soon be over. After 2 1/2 years of hell my husbands trial is in 6 weeks and i feel every emotion the same as you. Just keep going day by day and some days minute by minute. What get's me through is knowing that soon it will be all over, regardless of the outcome. At least i will have some control back over my life. Keep in touch, we are all here for you xxx

Comment

WG

Good luck as you prepare for court. You and your partner need to be very positive as you go in to this. Everyday I said to my son "we are here to win" (hence my forum name) and he was very positive in his engagement with his defence and the prosecution barristers. Even after the jury retired to consider a verdict after a hugely biased summing up by the judge and his barrister started to make pessimistic noises his response to him was one of confidence. He later told me that he looked the jury members in the eye as he had nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

HTW

Comment

Thank you Heretowin I am trying to be positive and keep my partner positive.
                              A bit worried as today we heard that the accuser is missing none of her family no where she is and apparently the police are looking for her. Does anyone know what happens if she doesn't turn up too court it has taken us so long to get to this trial we cant face it being postponed again.

Comment

Originally posted by worriedgirl View Post
                                Thank you Heretowin I am trying to be positive and keep my partner positive.
                                A bit worried as today we heard that the accuser is missing none of her family no where she is and apparently the police are looking for her. Does anyone know what happens if she doesn't turn up too court it has taken us so long to get to this trial we cant face it being postponed again.
                                I'm pretty sure that it will be postponed if she doesn't turn up. The prosecution will play the card that she is a vulnerable witness and is too distressed at this point asking for a rescheduled date. Others with legal knowledge may have a better answer.

But it may be a positive sign as she might be unwilling to give evidence or may be in such a state that your barrister will be able to rip her story of lies to shreds. Here's hoping that is the case.

HTW

Comment

Working...
                                X