Spreading the word, what can we do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreading the word, what can we do?

So many people are misinformed, believing that false accusations of rape are a myth.

despite the fact that there are numerous articles showing otherwise, the information is so spread out it is hard to find.

therefore I have an idea.

Let a us make a list of articles showing actual false accusations of sex crimes, with a short one sentence description as well as a link to the original article.

We can slowly keep adding to the list, and then when trying to spread the word, when those out there say it rarley happens, BAM, we post say 50 or 60 articles showing otherwise.

It is a lot of work collecting and reading that many articles, but none must leave any doubt, they must all be cases where the false accusation was either proven (like by video) or the guilty party (the accuser) admit she made it up.

I know there are sites that focus on these stories, but no one who has not been through this is going to go reading page after page of articles from a men's rights site. We need the actual articles presented in a way that shows the epidemic is real, and that cannot be dismissed as "biased" because of the origin of said articles. That means we need links to the original articles, not links to MRA sights summarizing said articles.

I believe if we compile a big enough list, as those of us here post them here and there, others who have never even heard of daftmoo will see these lists in various forums and blogs, and will copy and past them to others, thus spreading the word.

I truly believe with the nature of the internet, this will really spread awareness.

The articles ARE out there, its just compiling them.

Who here will help me compile this list?

I'll start out with a few, and will keep updating this very first topic as more are added.

1. Vigilante attack leaves falsely accused in hospital for over a week.
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...lsely-accused/

2. Teenager falsely accused beaten to death by gang.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...y-gang.html?fb

3. Cab driver falsely accused, saved by his phone.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...phone-app.html

4. Falsely accused man spends 30 years in prison.
    http://thegrio.com/2013/06/17/falsel...ison/#52230000

Hi BlackLantern, you may be interested in this American site which has a vaste amount of articles 'The Community of the wrongly accused' http://www.cotwa.info/
    As I believe you're in the US, you may find interesting links on there.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
      Hi BlackLantern, you may be interested in this American site which has a vaste amount of articles 'The Community of the wrongly accused' http://www.cotwa.info/
      As I believe you're in the US, you may find interesting links on there.

Its not a forum, there are no american forums.

Comment

by the time people have arrived at this site - they know all about being falsely accused - also there have been numerous stories in the media the past few years and google will throw up more than you can shake a stick at.

Most people going through this hell aren't that concerned in joining in a battle that takes their energies away from their own plight - some stay on here for a while to help others, but afterwards most people want to walk away and re-start their lives, trying to forget what they've been through.

Some may think by not helping to bring the subject to the fore are selfish - I don't, I completely understand why they want to cut off from it.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by BlackLantern View Post
          Its not a forum, there are no american forums.
          Perhaps you would consider starting one? This site has proved to be a god-send in advice and support for many.

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
            by the time people have arrived at this site - they know all about being falsely accused - also there have been numerous stories in the media the past few years and google will throw up more than you can shake a stick at.

Most people going through this hell aren't that concerned in joining in a battle that takes their energies away from their own plight - some stay on here for a while to help others, but afterwards most people want to walk away and re-start their lives, trying to forget what they've been through.

Some may think by not helping to bring the subject to the fore are selfish - I don't, I completely understand why they want to cut off from it.
            And some realise after many years that they havent quite managed to shift it and come back and hope to help others going through the mill.
            Still here

Comment

10 years - and I've not been married to the bloke for the last 3!
              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
                Perhaps you would consider starting one? This site has proved to be a god-send in advice and support for many.
                I simply do not have the technical know-how to create such a thing. It would be nice though.

Comment

I'm sure there's a demand. We do get Americans from time to time. The trouble is that while we can offer them support, we can't really give them advice. It amazes me there isn't a similar forum in the US.

Comment

Originally Posted by whatsgoingon?

Originallyposted by blacklantern
                    I simply do not have the technical know-how to create such a thing. It would be nice though

I to am from America and would love an American forum.. If someone could walk me threw the steps of starting one, I would gladly do so as I feel we need a place for legal advice as well!
                    I do appreciate everyone here for their support and its great to be a member. I feel it would be of better use to Americans though, if we have our own site where those who are more knowledgeable of our laws, police and court system, could offer better advice and/or strategy on how to beat an F.A.
                    It has been my experience so far, that in the U.S that all the police need is a statement from the accuser and they are able to prosecute and in alot of cases, they get a conviction as well. Especially when it comes to a child making the F.A
                    Blacklantern, I would love it if u would go in this with me....
                    Last edited by babygurl8492; 2 September 2013, 08:51 AM.
                    FOLLOW YOUR HEART, IT WILL LEAD YOU DOWN THE PATH OF LIFE AND YOUR DESTINY WILL FIND YOU!

Comment

Good for you......maybe you could contact Phil and Jo who started this one, webmoo - or Faith who is the administrator - good luck
                      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Phil or Jo

Does anyone know how I may be able to get in touch with either of them? I would really like to get a US forum started soon
                        FOLLOW YOUR HEART, IT WILL LEAD YOU DOWN THE PATH OF LIFE AND YOUR DESTINY WILL FIND YOU!

Comment

Working...
                        X