Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from Saffron

Hello All

This is not really a discussion topic, but I have been absent from the board for a couple of weeks, and have now picked up the thread about the possible closure/relocation of the discussion foruim, and I wanted to say this:

I am immensely relieved that the forum will not close. I have personally found unrivalled support here over the past couple of years, and I would like to hope that i have been able to offer support to others too. The work that Diana and Phil both put in is tremendous, and I want to let you both know it is very much appreciated.

As some of you who are regular posters here know, my husband was accused of rape, and then tried and convicted for an indecent assault he did not commit. We have endured an incredibly stressful, difficult time, and Broadcaster has helped me stay sane during the horror of what we have endured. As a unit we have emerged stronger and more devoted than I would ever have thought possible.

Being able to post on here and offer support, even just an ear to listen has helped me beyond belief. However, I am facing a fairly prolonged absence over the next few weeks, and weanted to let you all know the reason why.

It is NOT because I feel I want to move and not be "dragged down", nor is it because I feel the site can&#39;t offer me the support I need. It is simply that we are expecting our second child any day now.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] and i don&#39;t think I will have the time to do the washing up, let alone sit at my computer&#33;

Given some of the comments in the earlier thread (which is now closed) I didn&#39;t want anyone to think I had simply abandoned the site...i will continue to drop in whenever I can, and members are free to send me messages which I will do my best to respond to.

As I said before, my heartfelt thanks to the many many people who make this site what it is: Phil, Diana, Val, Maria, Ashley, Geraldine, Ali, SadPerson, Rights Fighter, Snoopy, all of you.

Please wish me luck for the birth of our baby daughter&#33;

Saffron xx

Congratulations on the imminent birth of your baby. I hope all goes well, and she brings you happiness over the years.

You&#39;ve been a valued contributor to the forum. I&#39;m grateful for advice and support you&#39;ve given over the time the forum&#39;s been open.

Plans haven&#39;t quite been finalised yet, but it&#39;ll probably be around on Broadcaster for the next couple of months, and then it&#39;s moving to Phil and Jo&#39;s site.
    My self-help articles on problems ranging from depression and phobias to marriage difficulties, to looking after children and teenagers, to addictions and destructive behaviours like anorexia, to bullying, to losing weight, to debating skills: http://broadcaster.org.uk/self-help
    And my article: How to Avoid Falling for Many False Claims or Fears of the Supernatural

Comment

Congratulations to you and your hubby for the birth of your daughter.
      Saffron i would like to thank you so much you have helped me no end when my brother was convicted and sent to prison.
      You have helped both me and his wife with your tips and i am truely grateful to you.
      You are a very lovely person with a heart of gold and i wish both you and your hubby all the best to the future.you take care and keep in touch
      Love
      Sadperson
      [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/heart.gif[/img]

Comment

Saffron

More than anything, this is great proof for other false allegation victims that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Mine is some way off yet, but time will pass and one day we&#39;ll approach it&#33;

Congratulations and good luck with the arrival. I agree with everything that you have said about the forum, and wish to thank you for the support I received from you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Keep us informed on the birth.

Love and much respect.

Geraldine xx

Comment

Hi Saffron,

Good luck with the imminent birth, it&#39;s nice to read some good news for a change.

Hope all goes well.

Ali XXX

Comment

Working...
          X