Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was charged with 5 Counts of Rape and Found Not Guilty

Hi,

Following a domestic dispute with my wife, which the police were called to the family house by my son.

My wife made a statement to the police that I raped her regularly for 20 years, abused her everyday and hurt her during sex, all of which were not true.

I was interviewed for 12 hours by the police, but gave no comment answers to all their questions after advice from the Police appointed solicitor.

I was released after 24 hours and bailed not to go near my wife or the family home and I had to rent a flat.

My wife also divorced me for Unreasonable Behaviour while I was on bail.

After a 3 month investigation by the police where they interviewed my family twice, mother, Sister-In Law, wife best friend and doctor I was charged with 5 counts of rape.

I was sent a copy of my wife's video statement before the trial and not once did she say I raped her.

My Barrister told me that I faced up to 18 years in prison for multiple rape, which made me very suicidal

At my trial my wife's video evidence was played to the jury and not once did she say the word rape.

She then took the witness stand for 1 full day and again never said the word rape once.

Nor did she saying anything about being raped regularly for 20 years, abused everyday or hurt during sex.

My son was called as a witness and said he never heard any noises coming from my bedroom at night, such of me raping or hurting my wife.

3 other witness statements were read out in court, but none said that I raped my wife or hurt her during sex.

The CPS went on for along time that I hurt my wife during sex, but could not provide any medical evidence or witnesses to back up this allegation.

What I did not like the Judge kept talking to the CPS Barrister about what sentence to give me during the trial while the jury was out.

The Judge said that I committed aggravated rape to the CPS Barrister on several occasions.

After 8 days the jury retired and after 1 day they returned a Not Guilty verdict on the two charges of raping my wife regularly for 20 years.

After 2 more days the jury could not reach a verdict on the 3 remaining charges and they were discharged by the judge saying it was a difficult case.

The Judge seemed disappointed that I was not found guilty.

I waited 2 more weeks before going back to court to be told by my Barrister that my wife did not want a retrial and that I was found Not Guilty on the 3 remaining rape charges.

The trial lasted 11 days, which at £3,000 per cost the UK Tax Payer £33,000.

The Police investigation was run by two young women PC's who reminded me of a pair of girl guides.

They should have seen that my wife made false rape allegations after their 3 month investigation and seeing her second video statement where she did not say the word rape once.

I had a go at the Police after the trial saying that I was completely innocent, but they put through a rape trial without any witnesses or evidence to prove I raped my wife.

The Police told me that the evidence went to the CPS who thought there was a case to answer.

The Police also told me to forget about the rape court case.

The Police only where concerned about my wife’s feelings and not mine.

I believe my wife made the rape allegations as away of getting me permanently out of the family home worth over £500,000.

The Police were all to happy to help her and charge me with rape.

I felt the Police, CPS and Judge just treated my as a piece of meat to be processed and thrown into prison to rot.

I only got off because the jury did not believe anything the Police and CPS said.

They also get very well paid with a Crown Court Judge earning £170,000 per year and Barristers earning around £100,000 per year.

Also, crime has fallen over 29% over the last 10 years and the police have to find other crimes such as domestic abuse and rape to investigate.

I believe my wife realised after making the rape allegations that she had really dropped me in it.

She then said nothing about me raping her during the Video interview, which was played to the jury.

I believe the Police and CPS just hoped my wife would say I raped her during the trial, which she did not.

Thank you very much for joining and sharing your story. You have had a very traumatic experience and I am glad you got the right verdict although I know that there is a lot of recovery for you to do. I hope we may be able to help you with that
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

This has been an awful experience for you but I'm glad your wife evevntually brought things to the right conclusion. This will have made you a stronger person and will be able to rebuild your life after you have started the healing process - you will get lots of support and advice on here,,,,
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

.............Barristers earning around £100,000 per year
        Only very highly paid barristers get paid that and they would be QCs. Most barristers on public funding get paid a fraction of that.

You were fortunate that the jury came to those verdicts. I've visited prison inmates where evidence has been put to the jury that proves innocence and they have chosen to ignore it.

I hope you get over your trauma quickly and you can move on as best you can, from this.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

RF is correct. When you hear the word "Barrister" or "solicitor" you automatically assume that s/he will be highly paid. Not so. True, they do earn a middle-class living but most are not "wealthy" or even well-paid. In fact, when it is calculated on an hourly basis, some sols actually earn less than minimum wage because of the extra work they do.

Comment

Criminal defence sols are now paid by the case not the hour, so they are earning much less than they were, but expected by some people to work some hours for free. Some clients believe that sols will spend hours and hours on the case. They simply cannot do that now. The sol in the case I mention below was asked to take photos of the bedroom where the alleged assaults took place. To enable him to do that, he would have to provide an argument to LSC as to why this is necessary, before applying for funding to cover his time and travel. Even then they may not be allowed it.

Some barristers are paid around £40 for a court appearance lasting about an hour, but often they are kept waiting hours before they are heard, without the hours they waited being paid, plus if they have travelled from out of the area they don't get travel allowance now.

One person who I stayed with last week has no confidence in their barrister. I emailed one who is out of the area who would do the job properly, and he agreed to take it on, but they would have to pay for 'modest accommodation' and his travelling costs.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Do it for the money

I was means tested for Legal Aid for my wife’s rape allegations against me and was told to pay £2100 per month for 6 months.

I had this reduced to £1200 per month when my wife took a court order out against me forcing me to pay her £1000 maintenance per month while I was on bail awaiting trial.

The money taken was given back when I was found innocent, but if found guilty I would lost all my money and would have had to pay the court costs as I had assets over £30,000

These court costs could have been massive as I would have to pay for the the Police, Defend Barrister, CPS Barrister and Judges time.

These court costs can be very high as shown in the Chris Huhne case where the court costs reached £110,000 as in the following article -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...uhne-dear.html

The following article reports that UK Defence Barristers are making £500,000 per year on Legal Aid the highest in the world -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...legal-aid.html

The next article is the CPS Pay Scales for 2012

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/p...payscales.html

The CPS Barrister who prosecuted me was a "Chief Crown Prosecutor Pay Band 3" who can earn up to £104,000 per year.

Finally, a Court Court Judge or Circuit Judge earns £126,000 per year as in the following article -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicia...icial_salaries

The CPS Barrsiters and Judges are Civil Servants, but earning City Bankers money.

It is clear the Police, Barristers and Judges are milking the system to make as much money possible from those found guilty.

In this time of Government Spending cuts the Police and CPS are charging men with rape on very weak evidence in the hope that they get found guilty and pay their wages.

Comment

Hi Unhappy

Having read your thread and the post that you recently wrote on mine, I have to say our stories are remarkably similar.

When you become a full member I would like to PM you to discuss a few points that I really don’t want put in the public domain.

If that would be OK?

Comment

Police are trying to increase rape convictions tate

Originally posted by browndown777 View Post
                  Hi Unhappy

Having read your thread and the post that you recently wrote on mine, I have to say our stories are remarkably similar.

When you become a full member I would like to PM you to discuss a few points that I really don’t want put in the public domain.

If that would be OK?
                  Hi Browndown777,

I found the following recent article from the Guardian, which explains why rape conviction rates are so low in the UK-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...te?INTCMP=SRCH

There has been an 8 fold increase in the number of rape cases being reported to the police compared to 25 years, but only a doubling in conviction rates for rape.

The main reason for the low conviction rates for rape is the lack of good evidence against the accused.

Without independent witnesses it is difficult to prove the women is telling the truth, which was the case at my rape trial against my ex-wife.

The police and CPS could not provide any independent witnesses to backup any of my ex-wife rape allegations against me.

The police and CPS are trying to increase the rape conviction rates, by asking wife's if they were raped by their husbands when called to a domestic dispute.

This is what exactly happened to me when my wife said yes to the police when asked if I had raped her. This is called Flagging where the Police and CPS automatically investigate for possible rape cases when investigating domestic disputes.

This leaves the whole system open to abuse by disgruntled wife's who see this as a good opportunity to permanently get rid of their husbands.

When I was found not guilty of raping my ex-wife. My ex-wife had a 4 year restraining order imposed against me by the court not to go near her or the kids fearing that I would seek revenge for her making false rape allegations against me.

Comment

Hi unhappy

With all due respect, not only wives, and not only women, but also girls AND boys... sadly...

DBI

Comment

and ex-pupils; current pupils; ex-clients; current clients, etc etc. FA are not restricted to families......
                      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Sadly the list goes on for ever...

Comment

Epilogue

Hi

It has been over 4 years since my ex-wife accused me of historic rape.

It is almost over after fighting Legal Aid for the last 6 months who wanted £15K for my defence costs.

I have told Legal Aid on several occasions that my ex-wife took all 100% profit from the sale of the ex-family house and I have no assets or savings.

However, they keep coming back demanding money I do not have which I must pay in 7 days.

It is now safe to say that many women in the UK now start their divorce process against their current partner with false rape allegations.

This will have the husband removed from the family home by the police and give the wife automatic custody of their children, without requiring expensive divorce solicitors.

Next, is the rape trail which will cost the UK Tax payers £80K, which they will almost certainly loss due to lack of evidence

Next, the ex-wife will demand 100% of the profit from the sale of the ex-family home and a life-time maintenance order as she will claim she cannot work as she has to protect the children from possible revenge attacks by their father.

All the above happened to me.

My ex-wife made over £300K from her false rape allegations after the sale of the ex-family house.

However, her application for a life-time maintenance was rejected by the Judge.

As the law has been recently changed to only allow maintenance orders up until the child is 7 years old.

After the child is 7 years old the mother is now expected to find a job and support herself.

My son was 13 years old so he was to old for my ex-wife to claim for a maintenance order.

There should also be a change in the maximum percentage given to the ex-wife when splitting the marriage combined assets to 70/30, which I am sure would deter may women from making false rape allegations against their partner as the financial gains will be to low.

It was clear my ex-wife false rape allegations were financially motivated.

I told this to the police when I was originally arrested for raping my ex-wife in 2011, but it was never investigated.

There should be a financial statement made by the CPS Barrister during the rape case trail giving the combined assets of the accused and victim to allow the jury to fully understand how many money the victim could make from the divorce.

I told the judge at the final divorce court hearing that my ex-wife made false rape allegations for financial gain, but he said that his only concern was the child's interests

Rape by current partner is the largest group of rapes reported to the police at 45% in England and Wales with almost 8000 cases per year, but the conviction rate is almost 0.

However, when I went to the police to make a complaint that my ex-wife made false rape allegations against me they said they were not interested and took no action.

I believe my ex-wife should be charged with perverting the course of justice and perjury.

However, the Police and CPS will not do anything saying that it will deter real rape victims from coming forward.

It is also safe to say that the last Government wanted to attract more women voters by prosecuting more men for rape in England and Wales to increase the low rape conviction rates.

However, this plan completely back-fired as the rape conviction rate actually fell to an all time low in England and Wales due to the high numbers of acquittals.

I believe in response UKIP who had no rape policy in the May 2015 UK elections received almost 4 Million votes from mostly men who strongly disagreed with the last Governments aggressive prosecution of men for rape and domestic abuse.

It is also well known that David Cameron only won the last UK elections when he pledged to cut police spending on election day itself, which made UKIP supporters switch their voting to the Conservatives in key marginals allowing the Government to win the election.

When you start a war the final outcome is often not want you originally expected.

Unhappy.

Comment

Inheritance Fraud

Hi all,

I thought the problems caused by my ex-wife false rape allegations were over, but I was wrong.

My mother died in January 2018 leaving an estate worth almost £1M.

However, I was then told by my brother who I had need seen for over 5 years that I had been disinherited as I was a convicted rapist and a registered sex offender!!!

I have now just finished a bitter and expensive legal battle with the UK's top law firm and I have now been given the inheritance originally ear-marked to my ex-wife transferred to me instead.

In addition, my ex-wife and brother have been removed as executors of my mothers will for fraud in not telling my mother the truth I was found not guilty on the 5 counts of rape my ex-wife.

Finally, my mother solicitors have placed a gagging order on me for not giving any details of the case without their consent.

Unhappy
                            Last edited by Unhappy; 4 December 2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X