Scared, just been falsely accused of historic rape alligations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared, just been falsely accused of historic rape alligations

I have been falsely accused of rape by my ex partner. We were together almost 12years and split last year, which wasn't to great. I got a phone call out of the blue last week by the police which told me over the phone they would like to see me at the police station (the gave me a time and date) and that I would be arrested and then interviewed under cation about an apparent incident that was supposed to have happened 8years ago (historic) I was in complete shock, confused and at first thought it was a joke ! This was no joke. I have never been in trouble with the police in my life !

I asked them over the phone if I would need any legal advice, there said no, just come down for a chat. Of course I believed them. Am innocent, I have done nothing wrong. That's when I rang my parents and my farther told me to get a solicitor straight away.

So I went down for my recorded interview but 1st of all I was arrested, searched ,finger prints taken and all my valuables taken off me. I wasn't put in a cell. The police women was lovely. She explained the whole situation to me. Step by step. She knew I had never been in such a situation before. She could properly see the reactions on my face. That's when my solicitor arrived and told me not to say one word. Which I did not. Before I went in for my recorded interview my solicitor got the information of the police about the case, he went through it with me line by line. What a load of lies, a complete load of lies. Apparently 8years ago when we 1st started dated I force myself upon her when she had been drinking quite a lot , continued until I ejaculated (she was apparently asking me to stop)

I have never felt so sick in my life, this was not true, complete lies. Has a couple when we were together we were very loving and making love was only done if both agreed.

Also since the apparent rape 8years ago she then goes onto moving in with me, family holidays , supporting her through mental health problems and also buying a property which we both lived in for 7years very happily until she decides to cheat on me 6 months before we break up all because I spent to much time working and trying to create a great future for us both.

SHe left me with a debt, an unpaid mortgage and an emotionally wrack almost year ago.

The police also asked me do you feel she had a motive :- maybe this could be because she has been left by her new partner, and as now seen a number of different men since we broke up when I have now started a new life with a new partner and sorted out all the debt and things are on the up.

I also added to the police that she also tried to break in in to my house around 3months ago to steel some belongings and chuck abuse at me.

The police interview only lasted around 20mins (I fact my solicitor said it was one of the weakest cases he had ever come across) the police seemed very understanding and thanked me for my honesty. Although my solicitor said don't trust the police.

I feel like the victim
    , ever since we have broke up last year there has been nothing but trouble , ages signig the morgatge over and then breaking in plus endless lies to our old friends.

I just wish it was all over......... And she would move on.

I am now on bail for 12 weeks without charge and awaiting a phone call , they said they may contact me sooner. I really hope so. The police ended it with....it's his word against yours and we have no evidence but we shall send it off to the CBS to be reviewed.

Any words of support would be great.

Hi Candy1974 - I've moved your post where there is more traffic - so you will get all the help and advice you need.

Welcome to the forum.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Welcome to the forum but sorry you had to find us. You will get loads of practical and emotional support and advice here. It's a truly awful situation to be in - I call it, 'My Living Hell.' You will experience a real turmoil of emotions and feelings - some you never even knew existed. keep reading and posting and we will all be here for you.....
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
      X