Usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usa

I just have a question, if people could be so kind to answer?

If you were falsely accused and went through the WHOLE agonising traumatic ordeal and were found UNANIMOUSLY Not Guilty.

Are there any restrictions on visiting the US?

Thank you in Advance.

Keep Strong!!!!

From what I have read you can't use the visa waiver program if you have been arrested even if you were found not guilty as it asks if you have been arrested. You would need to apply to the embassy for a visa. It would then be up to the embassy to decide whether to give you one but if you have been found not guilty there should (hopefully) be no problems.
    "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

If you apply to the embassy you WILL get a visa. You will need an ACPO letter valid for 6 months which costs a nominal amount from ACPO. Then you will be able to apply for an interview at the London embassy. Then you have to reckon on having another brief "chat" at your entry airport. Don't let it freak you but reckon on an extra hour's delay! You will need your original court papers and your ACPO letter to support your visa. They will ask details of the case - best advice is to be completely open and tell truth with plenty of eye contact and to feign relaxed and disinterested.... :-)

Comment

I just found this link on unlock.org.uk ( http://www.unlock.org.uk/xoffenders.aspx?sid=108 ) there's quite alot about travel on here - it's aimed at people who have been convicted but as far as the US goes I think the same applies to those arrested.

http://youtu.be/rFLcavjFADk

Comment

Felix's advice is good. All you can do is apply for that Visa. Good luck
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Working...
          X