Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So hurt and angry

Hello to all,
    We are wondering where to go from here, after the not guilty verdict ( because the CPS said there was not a realistic chance of a conviction ) our barrister said in the court that we could have a very good case for deformation of character. She told lies in her statement and so did another close family member, well the statements were one big lie ,so two questions where and how do we go from here?
    Our solicitor said that it would not be a criminal matter unless we can prove that she lied. He said to try one of the no win no fee solicitors .
    Grateful as usual of any thoughts xx

Don't want to put a damper on this, as I understand your emotions, but the no-win no-fee boys won't be interested; they only want to take on organisations which have a contingency fund for paying out such claims.

Does his accuser own any sizeable assets which could be seized to pay your legal costs and any compensation awarded?

Very few false accusers do, goes with the territory I guess
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

So hurt and angry

Yes apparently her husband is an extremely wealthy man ( hence one of the reasons for the false accusation )

Comment

Originally posted by So angry and hurt View Post
        Yes apparently her husband is an extremely wealthy man ( hence one of the reasons for the false accusation )
        Provided their house, etc are in joint names, it would be sweet revenge if you were able to make a successful claim and he had to pay

I still don't think you would be able to do this on a no-win no-fee basis but would have to agree to pay the costs whatever the outcome of the case (and of course it can't be taken as granted that costs will be awarded)

I suspect that karma will come into play here; doubtless her husband is already wondering what if......
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

This would form the basis of a civil case, where the burden of proof is different.
          However, that said, you would still need to convince that the accuser deliberately set out to lie and deceive. The counter argument will likely be that they stick to their story and there just wasnt enough evidence to convict.
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

So hurt and angry

Originally posted by Faith View Post
            This would form the basis of a civil case, where the burden of proof is different.
            However, that said, you would still need to convince that the accuser deliberately set out to lie and deceive. The counter argument will likely be that they stick to their story and there just wasnt enough evidence to convict.
            Mmm thankyou, do you think that the police would re interview the two witnesses that we believe have hatched up this story because I do think between them they would slip up for sure , there is no doubt that there are lies and the police didn't ( in my opinion ) interview them thoroughly enough right from the start and so if they were called in nd re-interview under caution like the criminals that they are then the police would clearly see that they had perverted the course of justice rant rant rant do you see where I'm coming from?

Comment

The police would not get involved in a civil case except to make a factual statement about the arrest and outcome.
              "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Sorry Faith, but why would the police not get involved? Surely, if you went to the police and said "I have proof of a crime being commited" ie perverting the course of justice, they HAVE to investigate? Or am I wrong? If I am, shouldnt be, if you know what I mean!

Comment

Working...
                X