Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial

Hi all,

Well it is finally here, my husband (yes we got married last month ) is facing his 4 day trial next week. We have managed to get quite a few members of family and friends to come along and show their support which I am pleased about and in a way I am glad it is finally here as we can get this farce over with. I am so scared and upset about it all... his ex wife seems very confident that she is going to win but with all the evidence or lack of evidence, I can't see that happening, but there is still that fear.

My husband is up and down, he is coping quite well but you can tell it is tearing him up inside. Our 4 month old is keeping us occupied which is good.

I will keep you posted and if anyone has any words of advice or wisdom, please don't keep them to yourself

Thank you for this forum, it has been a good support when we have been worrying and wondering.

x

First impressions to the jury are important.
    I am sure that you don't need me to tell you this, but smartly dressed, composed, speak directly to the jury, be self assured but not cocky and remember that the jury will be looking at him even when he's not on the stand.

It will be a tough week, I am looking forward to delivering bananas on this thread at the end of next week,

Congratulations on the marriage and the birth of your child. He truly does have a lot to fight for
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful View Post
      if anyone has any words of advice or wisdom, please don't keep them to yourself
      Thinking of you and sending you Angels - The bananas are on ice..... In the meantime a couple of things.....
      My brother keeps sayingto me, "The truth will set you free," (but he can't remember who first said it). My CPN said to me yesterday that in court (and she has worked there) they already know who's innocent and telling the truth and that the barristers seem to have a certain way of communicating with each other and the judge to indicate this also....she has also been through a similar thing herself and I'm convinced by what she is saying.....
      Keep strong and know that everyone on here has everything crossed for you - in the meantime - here's one of these

myhome
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

It's really good you will have people there showing their support, I think that says a lot.

Congratulations on your marriage and the birth of your child too.
        Keep strong and I can't wait to post some bananas for you

Comment

Good luck and congratulations!

Comment

stay strong

will have everything crossed for you xxx

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
              Thinking of you and sending you Angels - The bananas are on ice..... In the meantime a couple of things.....
              My brother keeps sayingto me, "The truth will set you free," (but he can't remember who first said it). My CPN said to me yesterday that in court (and she has worked there) they already know who's innocent and telling the truth and that the barristers seem to have a certain way of communicating with each other and the judge to indicate this also....she has also been through a similar thing herself and I'm convinced by what she is saying.....
              Keep strong and know that everyone on here has everything crossed for you - in the meantime - here's one of these

myhome
              I tend to kind of agree here. Nobody wants to see an innocent person going to jail. It is hard to guess what happens in the background of cases but I am sure that there are many discreet snippets of information shared between parties.

Hopeful.

I read and posted on your original thread. I've also now read this thread. For the stress and strain that you guys have been under it is wonderful that you have managed to get married, I'm overjoyed for you both. A baby too! Oh man, sleepless nights and crankiness but yet your posts are focused and well conveyed.

Within my own mind the 'picture' that I build is one of a savage and bitter ex that will do anything to destroy what she no longer has. She is willing to go to the end of the earth and play every card when it looks like she may 'loose' again.

I am sure that your legal team are well up to speed and have a very tactful defence in place. It appears from your postings that his ex sees this purely as some kind of 'game':

his ex wife seems very confident that she is going to win

I don't see any winners/games when it comes to crime. You and your partner are going to know a hell of a lot more about the situation than all of us on here but you being able to make the comment about his exes 'impression' should mean that a jury will also be able to figure this out, they sit and listen for hours on end with little else to do...

I have every confidence that your partner will get a favourable result. I cannot second guess a jury but I can judge on the little amount of information that you have supplied. I feel positivity. I am hoping that you and your partner are doing well and are as ready as can ever be to face this hell together. When you both emerge through the other side things may seem 'different' at first but over time a new and happy future should be yours to enjoy.

Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Congratulations for your wedding Hopeful.
                The presence of family and friends is important and the jury will notice it as well.
                Your baby will also give your husband mental strenghth to fight for.
                Take care and best wishes.
                Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Lovely posts folks, keep em coming
                  "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Great news about the baby and congratulations on your marriage.

You mentioned your husband was ex-police so he will be experienced in giving evidence and the average jury will be on his side.

I offer you both best wishes and prayers for next week
                    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
                      I tend to kind of agree here. Nobody wants to see an innocent person going to jail. It is hard to guess what happens in the background of cases but I am sure that there are many discreet snippets of information shared between parties.

Hopeful.

I read and posted on your original thread. I've also now read this thread. For the stress and strain that you guys have been under it is wonderful that you have managed to get married, I'm overjoyed for you both. A baby too! Oh man, sleepless nights and crankiness but yet your posts are focused and well conveyed.

Within my own mind the 'picture' that I build is one of a savage and bitter ex that will do anything to destroy what she no longer has. She is willing to go to the end of the earth and play every card when it looks like she may 'loose' again.

I am sure that your legal team are well up to speed and have a very tactful defence in place. It appears from your postings that his ex sees this purely as some kind of 'game':

his ex wife seems very confident that she is going to win

I don't see any winners/games when it comes to crime. You and your partner are going to know a hell of a lot more about the situation than all of us on here but you being able to make the comment about his exes 'impression' should mean that a jury will also be able to figure this out, they sit and listen for hours on end with little else to do...

I have every confidence that your partner will get a favourable result. I cannot second guess a jury but I can judge on the little amount of information that you have supplied. I feel positivity. I am hoping that you and your partner are doing well and are as ready as can ever be to face this hell together. When you both emerge through the other side things may seem 'different' at first but over time a new and happy future should be yours to enjoy.

Thank you everyone for your advice and support. It really does mean a lot. When I posted yesterday I was looking for an answer which I didn't think existed, but the above post really did help and seemed to give me a little more hope and strength, so thank you very much lawlessone. I will post when possible this week. X

Comment

Congratulations, hopeful, and very best wishes.
                        Having now read both of your threads, I wish you every success for next week.
                        Thoughts and prayers with you.
                        Last edited by just married; 6 January 2013, 08:25 AM.
                        I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

well this time last august this was me asking for advice and support as my hubby was about to face his trial for sexual assault.
                          were do i start every day will give you so much different emotions one minute you are up the next you think the worse.
                          beleive in him and the jury will do the rest. all the advice you have been given on here is spot on dress smart address the jury directly and as hard as it seems be confident.
                          my hubby was found not guilty but waiting for them words i swear my heart was going to come out of my chest.
                          one of the juries did come over to us after all this was ended and said they beleived him from the start and the fact all his family was there and they had no one there at all does make a difference. my hubbys statement did not change right from the beginning and hers did but the times she knew she was in a corner the I CANT REMEMBER phrase was used.

i can only wish you all the luck in the world and for people who dont use this site they think were crazy becasue i kept wispering waiting for the verdict was bananas bananas my best firend thought i had cracked up, when i did explain she just laughed and said lets to shopping and get some real ones ha ha.

anyway keep strong even though it is easier said than done you wont be on our own and we will all be here waiting to add your little yellow friends for you.

take care

Comment

Hopeful

Good luck to you and hubby this comming week
                            This is hubbys chance to prove his innosence.

By the end of the week we can get the dancing bananas out

Comment

Originally posted by worriedandconcerned View Post
                              By the end of the week we can get the dancing bananas out
                              Not if I eat them all..............................
                              Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Working...
                              X