devastated ..innocent and in prison..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devastated ..innocent and in prison..

I have stood by my partner throughout the 2 years waiting for the trial, now our world has fallen apart he was convicted on the charged of rape and sentenced to 9 years. the whole case was a farce no dna, the woman made four completely different statements all of which contradicted the other she made, the times places and days it allegedly happened, everything, yet she was allowed to do so and was not consistent at any stage of the trial, yet was classed as vunerable by the courts, and none of it was actually plausable, or in fact possible. yet the jury returned with a guilty verdict...where the hell do we go from here.

I'm very sorry to read this, it's a traumatic thing to go through
    The first few months will inevitably be the hardest and you will need some significant recovery time.
    FInding this forum is a good start. Do you have close friends/family who know of the situation who can help you.

In terms of your next steps legally, you may want to consider appealing the sentence. Bear in mind that even if your current legal team tells you that there are no grounds of appeal, that this is not necessarily true.
    Small steps, one at a time. First priority must be getting your head together and looking after yourself.

Your partner may be the one inside but I am sure you will agree that you are both facing a sentence. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way. You have spent the past two years being the 'strong one'
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. Welcome to the forum. It's a good place to find help and moral support. Stay strong

Comment

What does trial counsel say about the possibility of appealing the conviction? Previous inconsistent statement might play a part depending on whether this was put to the jury and counsel cross-examined her on it.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

[QUOTE=ladyinwaiting;34817]I have stood by my partner throughout the 2 years waiting for the trial, now our world has fallen apart he was convicted on the charged of rape and sentenced to 9 years. the whole case was a farce no dna, the woman made four completely different statements all of which contradicted the other she made, the times places and days it allegedly happened, everything, yet she was allowed to do so and was not consistent at any stage of the trial, yet was classed as vunerable by the courts, and none of it was actually plausable, or in fact possible. yet the jury returned with a guilty verdict...where the hell do we go from here.

Comment

You've copied and pasted the original post. Were you going to add something else?

Comment

worried ...

sorry,im not very good on lappy, my partner was jailed in sept, his barrister said no chance of appeal he was given 9 years, then in nov we were told that the cps were taking his case to the court of appeals in london, they then increased his sentence to 14 years we are totally shattered, his barrister now says he to appeal to the ccrc.. i rang them and they have sent him the appeals form.. I dont know where we start now. there was so much wrong at the trial the woman changed her story every time my partner could prove it was wrong..for instance she said it took place at 7pm she remembers because she could hear the emmerdale music on the tv..my partner wrote to polka stars in the USA they sent him his log on details for his account and he was actually online in a polka game at the time...she then said oh i think it might have been later yes i remember i could hear news at ten on the tv.. she described the clothing he wore, in great detail, then when it was proven he didnt own jeans and hadnt worn them for over 20years, she changed it to oh yes i remember now they were jogging bottoms with a stripe down the side.. everything she said was changed..yet my partner did not once falter or change a word he said from day one of being arrested he consistantly said this did not happen. he was open and frank with the police in an effort to prove his innocence and it all used against him.. there was no forensics, it all came back with nothing, and 2 towels she said she used to wipe herself with with were, negative, and they said these may have been washed.. it was all so pathetic yet they found him guilty, and he is the kindest most gentle person i have ever known, ive known him over 20 years and he is definatly not guilty of raping this woman as she claims I cant understand how her changing her story so much was acceptable and worse still believed.

Comment

...his barrister now says he to appeal to the ccrc.. i rang them and they have sent him the appeals form..
                CCRC will usually only consider a case that has been to the Appeal courts unless there are 'exceptional circumstances'.

You could approach another solicitor (check out the one in my signature) and ask them if they would look at it.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this, Ladyinwaiting.
                  Just because the trial barrister says there are no grounds for appeal does not mean this is the case.
                  I suggest you talk to the sol in RF's signature. If anyone can help you, he can.
                  Thinking of you

Comment

Hi, just seen this thread. Please see link below, it may help? I do not know where you are in the process, but it relates to a man who was given a jail sentence which was later quashed.

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/Documents/inv...ell_report.pdf

Hope this helps xx

Comment

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
                      I have stood by my partner throughout the 2 years waiting for the trial, now our world has fallen apart he was convicted on the charged of rape and sentenced to 9 years. the whole case was a farce no dna, the woman made four completely different statements all of which contradicted the other she made, the times places and days it allegedly happened, everything, yet she was allowed to do so and was not consistent at any stage of the trial, yet was classed as vunerable by the courts, and none of it was actually plausable, or in fact possible. yet the jury returned with a guilty verdict...where the hell do we go from here.
                      i am going through the exact same thing and are awaiting appeal? if youhav any useful info etc for me i would be gratefull x

Comment

What would I do? Well....

This sounds disgraceful and the more I see of this lack of Justice system, the more I am disgusted!!!!!

We are all going through different stages of the process, but if we get to the point that my son is convicted of crimes he did not commit, then for one I will find Warren Blackwell, some how and try to find others who have been falsely imprisoned. Then I will be contacting every media agency going - TV programmes, such as Panorama, Good Morning TV and asking the likes of Warren Blackwell to appear to tell his story and for my family to tell ours.

It is about time that the police are exposed for their "witch hunt" approach to these cases. Manipulating statements and abusing powers to go to places that we can't as citizens to build bad character against the accused.

Why are we not operating on fact any more? Where is the evidence? The alleged witnesses are not always there(very rarely) and can use personal grievance to make false accusations. The poor accused does not have any come back whatsoever!!

As William Blackstone said "It is better that ten guilty escape than one innocent suffer."

The justice system and the public need to be reminded of this and know the scale of this issue.

That is what I will be doing!

Saddened

Comment

knowing your the next step

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
                          You have to look at your trial (the case against your partner) from the CPS case against your partner to his arrest to sentence I may be able to help in guiding you through this process if you want.

Comment

Hi James Colton - thank you for your offer of help but please could you start a thread to introduce yourself and say who you are, why you are on the forum and in what capacity you think you may be able to help.
                            Sorry to be picky but as this is an open forum we try to be a bit careful as we never know if plod are on the prowl.....
                            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by saddened View Post
                              This sounds disgraceful and the more I see of this lack of Justice system, the more I am disgusted!!!!!

We are all going through different stages of the process, but if we get to the point that my son is convicted of crimes he did not commit, then for one I will find Warren Blackwell, some how and try to find others who have been falsely imprisoned. Then I will be contacting every media agency going - TV programmes, such as Panorama, Good Morning TV and asking the likes of Warren Blackwell to appear to tell his story and for my family to tell ours.

It is about time that the police are exposed for their "witch hunt" approach to these cases. Manipulating statements and abusing powers to go to places that we can't as citizens to build bad character against the accused.

Why are we not operating on fact any more? Where is the evidence? The alleged witnesses are not always there(very rarely) and can use personal grievance to make false accusations. The poor accused does not have any come back whatsoever!!

As William Blackstone said "It is better that ten guilty escape than one innocent suffer."

The justice system and the public need to be reminded of this and know the scale of this issue.

That is what I will be doing!

Saddened
                              Did you ever do anything? because I feel exactly the same ( sorry I know this is from two years ago )

Comment

Working...
                              X