No announcement yet.

Very new to this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 year and a half later I still have the same phobia:2 police cars.
    A few monts ago, 2 of them were only passing by in front of my workplace on a sunday.
    My heart was beating heratically and I just thought "What did she say now?"
    Maybe I am a bit paranoid.

My only advice is that you will have to learn to live with it at least for a while.
    It will eventually fade with time.
    Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Thanks BDC, I know how you feel, but will never trust the police again.
      I wonder if you, or someone else in the "know", could possibly help me. My husband has just phoned his solicitor, he was in court, but he spoke to his secretary. She said he has to attend his bail hearing tomorrow for a "short" interview. What does this mean? Does it mean they havent come to a decision yet? After 6 months? Why leave it so long? Or could it mean he is going to be NFA`d? Why can they not tell you anything? Hope somebody has any idea. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
        I find it's very easy to get bogged down with fear, and when I take note of it I realise that no-one is putting that fear onto me, I'm doing it to myself . Does that make sense? It's then possible for me not to do it to myself. Try it.
        Thanks - yes it does make sense and I will try it. I have a fantastically supportive GP too.
        It is also a godsend that I found this website for the support and help here too - so thank you everyone.....
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

A piece of good news is that I am being allowed back to work in January. I still can't work with clients but so strong is the management's belief in me is that they have found other work within the company that I can do....It is such a relief that I am no longer suspended....

Also - it is now a month since I had the interview under caution. The tapes have gone to the other county and I have still heard nothing - no arrest, charge etc. I'm clinging to hope that this is a good thing???????

Comment

Hoping and praying for you that this IS a good thing x

Comment

So hurt and angry

I think that is great news you can go back to work! Well done you sound brighter,thats good and we all need somebody to believe in us xxx
              I'm not sure that the delay in hearing is such a positive, in our experience no one has been in a hurry to speed things up and at times I felt that they could have been working much quicker,but maybe no news is good news! I do hope so xx good luck and keep strong xx

Comment

Thanks handa and aandf.... the stigma of being suspended being lifted has really helped and the support from everyone on here is unbelievable....thank you all and love and hope to you all too

Comment

I'm so pleased that you will be able to get back to work. Being in the house on your own day after day messes with your head! And it must be a huge boost knowing that your employers are 100% behind you.
                  Excellent news.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                    ! And it must be a huge boost knowing that your employers are 100% behind you. Excellent news.
                    Hi Saffron - thanks - you're right - I couldn't work for and with a more fantastic group of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Boys don't cry View Post
                      1 year and a half later I still have the same phobia:2 police cars.
                      A few monts ago, 2 of them were only passing by in front of my workplace on a sunday.
                      My heart was beating heratically and I just thought "What did she say now?"
                      Maybe I am a bit paranoid.

It's not just me then, thank god for that.
                      Still here

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        It's not just me then, thank god for that.
                        That's one of the things that's so helpful about this site - knowing that what what we feel etc isn't ust us and we're not alone

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
                          That's one of the things that's so helpful about this site - knowing that what what we feel etc isn't ust us and we're not alone
                          One of the wonders of the internet eh?

No matter where you are, who you are or what the problem is you will always be able to find help or advice.

This place is obviously pretty focused, subject wise, so the advice is generally pretty spot on and is also generally heart felt.

Most of the info is directly from what people have personally experienced as well and since we're all on a conveyor belt of some kind the info is kept pretty up to date.

I'm keeping quiet(ish) on here until after Chrimbo, exhausted! Tomorrow is the last day I do any work for anyone else til the New Year!!!!!! That's what I'm saying anyways....... Got some of me own work to be doing so no rest for the wicked. What you got planned 'myhome'?
                          Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
                            I'm keeping quiet(ish) on here until after Chrimbo, exhausted! Tomorrow is the last day I do any work for anyone else til the New Year!!!!!! That's what I'm saying anyways....... Got some of me own work to be doing so no rest for the wicked. What you got planned 'myhome'?
                            Hi L1 - glad you can have a more peaceful time and have a well deserved rest.
                            I'm spending time with my sister and 2 grown sons and my 2 lovely dogs!!! may finish my pond if it ever stops raining!!!!!and rejoicing about going back to work on Jan 8th!!!
                            Enjoy yours....

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
                              One of the wonders of the internet eh?

No matter where you are, who you are or what the problem is you will always be able to find help or advice.

This place is obviously pretty focused, subject wise, so the advice is generally pretty spot on and is also generally heart felt.

Most of the info is directly from what people have personally experienced as well and since we're all on a conveyor belt of some kind the info is kept pretty up to date.
                              I think that may have been one of the major reasons I joined. Knowing the god awful state I was in and praying that I could help anyone else unfortunate enough to be going through the same.

Methinks we may have gone a smidge off topic though, sorry OP.
                              Still here

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                Methinks we may have gone a smidge off topic though, sorry OP.
                                Hey there Dave - no need to apologise - that's what happens in discussions

Comment

Working...
                                X