This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ: Rule change: No personal details may be posted

Due to some difficult issues that have recently arisen, we have felt the need to carry out some changes to the rules of the forum. These changes now mean that no personal contact details, (address/phone number), may be posted on the forum, including your own.

In the near future we will be editing out any contact details that have already been posted. You may include an email address in your post(s) as a means of contact or you can use the "send a personal message" or "send an email" links which appear on the profile page of each memeber. Please be careful if you give out, or respond to, any contact details from the boards or from "send a personal message" or "send an email" links.

The relevant part of the rules have been changed to the following:

Rules: What am I not allowed to post / Why was my post edited? / Why was my post moved?
    We do sometimes edit posts if necessary, but we will normally add a comment to the fact that it has been edited, giving the reason(s) why. If you are a registered user we will usually contact you personally as well, to inform you of the action taken and the reasons. All posts are read by the moderating team soon after they are posted, and content that is deemed unsuitable is removed or possibly re-phrased. Examples of such content include:
    1. 'Naming and shaming' - all names, addresses etc of individuals will be removed. Contact details for relevant organizations are encouraged.
    2. Inclusion of any personal details (addresses or phone numbers of individuals), including your own, will be removed. If you wish to post an email address, you may do this, however, we suggest that you use the "send a personal message" link in the profile of each member to get in touch with other members. If you wish to post a telephone number/address, in your capacity as a journalist/researcher or similar, please email the webmaster first or the details may be edited out at our discretion.
    3. Irrelevant content, e.g. links to other websites that have nothing to do with the forum subject (links to relevant websites are encouraged - feel free to post links to relevant/similar websites), or posts that serve no constructive purpose or are in no way related to the forum topic.

As usual, if you have any comments/questions etc, please get in touch. I'm always open to feedback.

Best wishes to all, and happy new year!

Phil (Webmaster)
    Last edited by webmoo; 26 August 2006, 05:39 PM.
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d
Working...
X