Hi everyone,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone,

I have just found out that I have been accused of serious sexual offences of an historical nature, and like others on here that I have read my life is in turmoil.

Hi & welcome to the forum though sorry that you needed to find us.

Originally posted by sparks View Post
    I have just found out that I have been accused of serious sexual offences of an historical nature,
    How far has the accusation been taken, i.e. have the police been involved?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hello Casehardened,

Last week a SS Officer called and that was the first mention of it, I have since managed to find out a few details, and obtained the contact details of the Police officer, I called him but he was on Holiday, then the SS officer came back and said because of the seriousness I would have to move out or my wife and children would have to go, at that point I searched the internet for help and finally ended here.
      I read some of the stories and contacted a Solicitor, the SS Officer has now said I can stay in the house as long as my wife supervises my contact with the children, the Police Officer has got back to me and is making arrangements to hold a formal interview.

Comment

As you have not been arrested in a dawn raid it seems that the police are keeping an open mind about the accusation at present!

However as you have had a look through the forum you will no doubt have read the advice regarding having a solicitor present at the interview and answering any questions succinctly without volunteering too much information.

As you haven't been arrested it is probably now unlikely that your PC will be examined for any corroborative material (but if the allegation concerns a minor this may still happen)

Comment

The Dates for the offences span a period of several years while I was in a relationship with a different person, is it likely the the PC that I use now be any use?

Comment

It is possible that the police will want to examine it anyway. This is because in historic cases such as this, they will be looking for any evidence that you might actually be the monster you are accused of being. So, anything of a sexual nature, be it legal or illegal is what they will most likely be looking for.
            Get a good sol on board now and do not answer any police questions without the sol being present.
            Good luck.

Comment

Hi Saffron,

I managed to get a Sol already, the SS are having a case conference next week and the Sol is going to attend with us, at the moment we are just living in limbo and dont know where to turn, I was always a firm believer that there is no smoke with out fire, but I am a million percent sure I am not the fire,
              I have expierenced every emotion imaginable and nothing makes sense and the not knowing the who, why, where, what, when, is killing us.

Comment

While you still have your computer make a thorough back up of everything on it so that if they take it and you manage to get hold of another computer to use, you can transfer all your documents /settings to that. Place the external hard drive you run the back-up on in a place of safety - possibly your solicitor until you can restore the back-up to another computer.

So many people have sat back believing the police will not take their computer(s) that when they do, they have lost all they precious family photos, work they have done on the case (if they have) and all sorts of other stuff, say work material, they do not want to lose.

Even if you have legal stuff on the computer, unless you are a solicitor or work for a solicitor/lawyer, and you use that computer for work purposes, contrary to what some people on here 'advise,' it is NOT legally privileged - so the police are permitted to take it.

Run a back-up.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post

However as you have had a look through the forum you will no doubt have read the advice regarding having a solicitor present at the interview and answering any questions succinctly without volunteering too much information.
                  Apologies for my rather hurried reply this morning.....

Fortunately you have prior notice of your interview so you are able to prepare for it.

It may well be that your solicitor will be able to obtain some disclosure from the OIC of what evidence the police have (or don't have!) before the interview commences. If so it is advisable to have a private consultation with him regarding what you should or should not say during the interview (the police will provide a suitable room for this purpose at the station)

Obviously you would want to answer any questioning honestly and fully without giving the police any information they don't presently have, which they may then use against you.

Please don't give any specific details of this allegation on the forum as anyone could read them, but based on what the SS officer told you, you may be able to anticipate some possible lines of questioning.

EDIT to add if you can think of any motive for the allegation to be made, it might be helpful to put this forward.
                  Last edited by Casehardened; 5 September 2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Every minute has been like a week, and now we have this case conference coming up, dont know what to expect, just cannot get my head around things,

Comment

Feeling really low today, dreading the case conference thing with the child.P.S, me and my wife have agreed that if I am charged and get sentenced she should not visit I would not want my children to think of me as some sort of animal, I have tried to work through things in my mind but I cannot even start to think why someone would make alligations like this, its a living night mare at the moment, I cannot imagine it getting any easier, I cannot go to the GP for help as Social Services will put a different spin on that, I so want to know what the alligations are but then will knowing be better or make things worse,
                      Im not sure, but the one thing that frightens me more then any thing is loosing my family and not seeing my children grow up.

Comment

You CAN go to your GP, and I urge you to do so.
                        I am fairly sure that your GP will not be allowed to reveal anything about the reason for your visit to SS, but perhaps other members can correct me if I am wrong?
                        I hope it all goes well for you.

Comment

The Social worker phoned me to say she was doing a report for the case conference and that she had contacted other social workers in areas where I had lived, I guess she is trying to (dig the dirt) she wanted to know if I would like to make any comments, I told her no and that my Sol would be attending the case conference, my poor wife is at her wits end and I dont know what to say or do to help her, She has great faith in GOD, I wish I had the same faith,
                          when I lost my job some years ago and as a direct result of that we lost our home, I thought things could not get worse we went through a very traumatic time but this is going to be the biggest test of our relationship, when people set out to destroy someone for what ever reason and come up with such lies they must be soul less.
                          As yet I still have not been interviewed by the Police so do not know the extent of the alligations, so we continue to live in limbo, the lack of proper sleep,and food is starting to take its toll, I would not wish this on anyone.

Comment

today the Social worker came, she broght a copy of the report she was summiting to the case conference, there was loads of discrepancies, she reported that during the interview she had with me she found me to be obstructive, I asked her why she thought that and she said because I could not remember dates or certain details of over a decade a go, God I have to ask my wife my phone number, also today while she was with us she asked if she could talk to our three year old son alone, I was shocked and said I think at least his mother shold be present, my wife thinks that it was a mistake not to allow it and that I will now be seen as being more obstructive, it would seem your damned if you do and your damned if you dont.

Comment

I'm sorry, I've (fortunately) had no dealings with SS, so I can't offer advice in this instance.
                              However, I would say that your request for your kids to have their mother present is entirely reasonable and not obstructive at all.
                              Hopefully others with more experience will be along soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X