Question for you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you all

Reading the news lately ; could somebody explain when a judge would dismiss a jury
    For legal reasons and does that mean that there would always be a re-trial? Also does this happen often?

This is a rare occurrence.
    I take it you have read the Aggro Santos case?

A judge would dismiss a jury if there became no case to answer/if it became obvious the case shouldn't have reached court, if there was some legal reason why the trial could not continue (i.e a breach of legal process) or if it became the case where members of the jury couldn't be unbiased (ie they had discussed the case or they knew the defendant)

It doesn't always lead to a re-trial. It depends on the circumstances.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

It's a bit of a strange one, the Aggro case, although the Jury was discharged, him and his friend were released on conditional bail & warned they might
      face a retrial next year.

Comment

Santos case

Yes once again the poor boy is left waiting and worrying, like all other f/a victims, it's such an unfair system

Comment

Of course, we don't know whether or not Santos is guilty....
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Santos case

Yes I understand what your saying but being the mum of a F/A young man and looking at how the system works, I am so angry that these poor boys look guilty just because of the stigma attached to the word rape it's a shame that in today's society there's not such a stigma about young women who, on a regular basis sleep with men, and/or other women and/ or two or three men at a time ,even when they haven' t known them for more than a few hours and regardless of their marriage vows, it just makes me sick to the stomach, there has to be some way of changing the laws relating to casual sex, thereby saving all the heartache, humiliation, time and cost of these cases that hinge on consent ?

Comment

Working...
            X