Desperatly Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
    In the 3rd link provided by Rights Fighter in post #6 there is mention of Rossendales:

For clients that choose not to pay and fall into arrears, we will expect Rossendales Ltd (our collection and enforcement provider) to collect any contributions that were due before the case concluded.

so it appears that it is incorrect that they only deal with council tax payments.

Were you asked to send your payment to the head office:

Rossendales
    Wavell House,
    Holcombe Road,
    Helmshore, Rossendale
    BB4 4NB

if so, it was a legitimate request, however if not, you will know from the response to your letter
    Ive read the link provided by Rights Fighter, Also it is the address which was on the letter head for Rossendales Ltd.

I was getting my hopes up there, I will just have to wait and see what happens next.

Comment

Barney just because trial counsel says that there are no grounds for appeal does not make that true. Every single appeal I have been involved with were ones where trial counsel claimed there were no grounds. Please do not give up.

Check out the solicitor's link in my signature. They may well be able to help and I might be able to assist.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi

Well its 30 months since i sent back the letter to rossendales stating my husband did not live here and nothing, he came out of prison in Aug 2013 so 18 months now and the yesterday the letter came from rossendales again saying he needs to contact them about his outstanding dept....

Has anyone got anymore info on this and what to do , he is in pieces as we have no cash he is working min hours for min wage just to live ...

Thanks Barney

He has had another solicitor look at his case and once again they say its too late as no new evidence and i should have insisted at the time i wanted to give evidence ( but when a barrister says you are not needed "we have this in the bag" you trust them )..

Please help

Comment

Hello Barney,

It's great to hear from you again and good that hubby is back home where he belongs!

I'll stand to be corrected but I believe that as he's now living at home he is responsible for the debt and if his name is on the deeds there is a remote possibility that a charge could be put on the house.

Therefore it is important that you do not ignore this letter; however as he is on a low wage (and presumably no significant savings or assets) he cannot be expected to pay all the sum immediately but should offer a fixed amount per month.

Work out how much is affordable and write to them explaining his circumstances with this offer; if you do need help with this I understand that the CAB offer a very good debt counselling service.

Personally I think as they hadn't contacted you for 30 months they've probably given up on getting the money but OTOH the debt is actually due to HM Government so will never be written off!
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply yes it does look like it will have to be paid i just hope they accept a monthly payment not too high as we have no spare cash at all..

Does anyone know if they ever look at lowering the amount if we took a loan and paid in one go ?

Thanks Barney

Comment

You would need to ask them that. If you make a reasonable offer for monthly repayments, I am told they can be helpful.

Comment

Sorry to interrupt, but if you cannot pay much per month, a loan plus interest, will be much much harder to find. I would make an offer of £5.00 per week, or per month.
                Then it shows you are willing to pay.

Loans are a spiralling dark pit of money with high interest and higher repayments that have to be made, every month without fail.

I would make an offer of what you can afford on the original amount owing, definately not a loan.

Just my thoughts

Comment

HI

Thanks again yes it would have to be a small amount maybe £20 a month it would take 33 years to pay back !!!!

I would be 80.

Anyone had any experience of this type of dept payment?

Barney

Comment

But if that's all you can afford, you have to be realistic. Loans, well add another 2500 pounds on at least for interest and very high monthly repayments 150/200 per month... Your choice

Comment

Plus1 for Incredulous's excellent advice; I would sooner owe money to HM government rather than a private lender; at least they won't send the boys round which might happen if you can't keep the payments up on a private loan.

On a more serious note, if you are talking about lengthy periods (20 years plus) the effect of inflation comes into play and you may well be able to repay sooner than you think. And of course circumstances change and you may suddenly become wealthy!

Comment

Excellent advice from Incredulous and CH. Take the first step and contact them. If you can get to have an interview with them face to face that might be better.

Comment

Thanks for the advice yes very true a loan will put more on the amount its just a shame we didn't get the bill when we should have as we would have been in the appeal time but apparently this is why they delay ...

I will get hubby to contact and see what they say

Thanks Barney

Comment

"After the trial my daughter admitted to my middle son, that she had lied under oath, she had lied in the past to the police."

That's your new evidence.

Has anyone heard that statement from you? Is your middle son willing to make a statement declaring that?
                            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Well spotted

Comment

What the police will do is re-interview the complainant to ask if this conversation actually happened. That does not automatically mean the case won't got to appeal if she denies it, but obviously it would help if she came clean.

An appeal I was heavily involved with a few years back, the two complainants admitted to other people that they had lied and ' it was something we couldn't get out of". That evidence was actually known about before the trial, so normally would not be accepted by the CA, however, in that case, the witnesses had either moved away and believed the complainant would retract, others didn't know that the trial had taken place as they only knew the def by his nick-name, so when into got into the local papers, they didn't put two and two together, or in the case of the younger witnesses, their parents didn't want them to be involved so they made statements after they were 16 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X