X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board upgraded to latest version

Hi everyone.

You've probably noticed already - I've upgraded the board to the latest version of vbulletin.

Four big new features:
    1) The activity stream. This is now the default choice in place of the home page. It's not customizable as far as I know, much to my surprise, but I hope vbulletin are working on that as I'm sure some people wont like it. I am already looking for a way of customising it - maybe I just haven't got used to it myself yet! Click the "Forum" button in the top right if you are staring at the activity screen and saying "Where has the forum gone?"
    2) The ability to subscribe from a forum category as a whole is now very easy - just click the little green blob in the category list to subscribe, or the black blob to unsubscribe.
    3) Posts are now auto-saved as you write them, so you can automatically get stuff back if you loose it. If you write a post then close it or your browser crashes or something, go back to the forum you were in, start a new post, then click the "Restore auto-saved content" in the bottom right corner. You past musings will magically appear!
    4) If you are writing a big post, it used to be a faff to make the posting box bigger. Now there is a button in the bottom right corner of the editing box - a series of diagonal lines. Click this and drag it up or down to re-size the edit box easily.

I'll let you know of more features as I work my way through them.

As usual, please let me know if you find any bugs or errors etc and I'll do what I can to help.

Enjoy peeps!

Phil
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Thanks for this.

Also, if you view a member's profile, there is a 'recent activity' tab for them.
    So all of my admirers out there can now stalk my every activity on the forum!
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Oh, and also, there appears to be a new info bar at the bottom of the page that lists who has read the thread that you're on...

Comment

blimey o'reilly, lots of new stuff to get my frazzled brain round!

It may take some time, after all I bounced into the job centre yesterday to find I was 2 days early - cringe ...............
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
          blimey o'reilly, lots of new stuff to get my frazzled brain round!

It may take some time, after all I bounced into the job centre yesterday to find I was 2 days early - cringe ...............
          Job Centre... The most unlikely place in the world to get a job........................

I managed to circumvent the activity stream thingy. Too 'facebookish' for my liking...

Others may like it of course.
          Wow... A signature option!

Comment

the bloke I've been stuck with is a git of the first order - thinks I'm lazy for not working since 1972.

They know its unlikely that I'll ever be employable, but I bet it won't stop them from sending me on courses that are a waste of time. Its all for a juggling of numbers. Makes me seethe that I've got to go through the farce until I'm 64 - they moved the bloody goalpost by a couple of months or I would have only had to have done it until next year.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I've noticed a change but not the Facebook type ones mentioned like Activity stream..............using Firefox - is that why?
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

AARGH! Its weird. I actually thought I had broken the internet or something.
                "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Originally posted by friday View Post
                  AARGH! Its weird. I actually thought I had broken the internet or something.

Awwwww bless ya!

Comment

So that's what's going on with my Virgin Media Broadband...it's Friday's fault!!

Comment

Editing tools look different and 'What's New' is something different but easy to get used to, but I can't see anything problematic

Comment

Faith: It's a long running joke that I can break a computer without even touching it. My friend blamed me for breaking his internet while I was asleep.

Ooh, it just said auto saved at the bottom. Not sure where it is saved but that might be handy for those times when you lose a really long post.
                        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Yep click the 'Restore Auto Saved Content' button if you lose a post.
                          I've had to use it 3 times already!

Comment

pity you can't get auto save for your life - would have come in handy a few times!

Comment

Oh yes I would have used THAT far more than 3 times...!

Comment

Working...
                              X