Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question!...

I can't sleep anywho...

Just wanted to know what classes as "circumstantial evidence" and "valid evidence" as such? Just don't want to get our hopes up with stuff we think is relevant then find out it's not. Pm me if you want me to give an example of what we've got!

Also does the prosecution get to see the defendant's evidence first before trial? Or just their legal team?

Am I right in thinking that you haven't yet been charged HeyYou?

Try not to bog yourself down in worrying about trials etc...even if you are charged, that's a long way off.

All I will say about evidence is that if you think it MIGHT be useful, then gather it...all your solicitor can say is it's not useful. Just don't pin your hopes on individual pieces of 'evidence' you may find and the crushing disappointment when you find out it's not relevant or admissable shouldn't be as intense.

Then, if you discover it is good...then bonus. Hoorah!
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

yeah... my bf was charged two months ago...

It's just going to be over a month till he sees his solicitor and as there is loads and loads we have gave her she won't have been able to read it all yet and i'm impatient :P

Comment

Sorry, hadn't realised that your boyfriend was charged, I must have been getting you mixed up with someone else.

You will get impatient, the waiting is horrible. Have you had disclosure of evidence yet?

Comment

CPS files do not have to be given until next month. His barrister said from what he knows so far about the case she has a weak case against him.

She has about three MASSIVE flaws in her statement that my bf knows from the interview, as well as other flaws.

One can 100% be proven without any internet based research, but we have a lot of internet evidence that completely backs up his story and disproves hers with the other two massive flaws.

I'm so impatient though I just really want him to be able to find out what is relevant or not already and to what extent has she lied just to calm our nerves a bit! I still can't believe he's been charged in the first place, it's crazzzyyyy!

Comment

Unfortunately, many are pushed through to hit targets so sometimes weak cases have gotten through where they shouldn't have

It sounds positive that you already seem to have built up a decent defense. You will have much more information to play with once you receive disclosure from the CPS.
            Ensure that the solicitor presses for everything...there will be an unused bundle of evidence that doesnt help the CPS...they may not be forthcoming with that material but it may well aid the defense...

Comment

Blah what worries me is no one expected him to get charged in the first place, I don't want him to get convicted too just because she puts on a crying show I just hope some of the evidence can be used because it clearly shows she's lying.

Sorry going back to my question, does the prosecution get to see what evidence he has for his defence before trial? Im not very good with all this law stuff!

Comment

Hey You.
                I can't be 100 % that the prosecution get to see the evidence before the trial but I am quite sure that they don't.
                I had in my possession cheques from the accuser that even my barrister didn't have in his own hands but he knew about them.
                At the last moment I gave them to him.
                He was a bit scared that I forged them but I told him that I had enough problems.
                (Probably his experience).
                My Solicitor wanted me to show them to the Court and they have been successful.
                I think that if the prosecution knew about the evidence they could organise their own defence,or counter-attack.
                I hope you understood me.
                Keep Faith and the more evidence you have the better.
                Sometimes I told him things and he told me not relevant but he is so clever that in the end he used them.
                Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought, because that would be great if she doesnt see it! I'm sure he will ask his solicitor when he next sees her! Yeah we've wrote down everything he can think of so far.

And we've currently been trying to gather everything evidence wise we can and write down anything he thinks the solicitor could try and find out to help the case.

Any advice you could give in regards to trial?

Comment

I am please that you managed to gather so much evidence and wrote everything he could think about.
                    I had 22 pages and my solicitor said it was months since he last saw so much work done.
                    The barrister was less impressed and was really harsh with me, but I will always believe it was for my own good.When it will be the prosection turn to speak:I swear it is painful.
                    But keep confident,your partner must know his story by hear and I am aware that you printed most of the evidence: this is perfect.
                    The jury and the defence barrister like concrete evidence.
                    It is really your partner's word against hers so she must appear less credible than him.
                    Concerning the Court:
                    -He must wear suits.
                    -Try to be confident (but not too much).
                    -Listen to the barristers' questions and try to answer to both Jury and barristers.
                    If he doesnt hear or understand a question,remember that this question could send him straight in.So ,excuse me but could you repeat, please?

During this trial one day will be black the next will be fine,so don't worry too much.
                    (It is easy to say but I remember and ...)

All the work you are doing at the moment even if it is hard and sometimes you don't feel like it will pay off the D day.
                    Just keep faith all the time.
                    Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Guess who I just saw when I went for a run?! aahhhh! Luckily she didn't see me!

And thank very much I shall pass on your advice!
                      well it's not printed it's all on disks but whatever is useful can be printed. (hopefully some of it is i've compiled 20 files so far!!)
                      We sent the first disk off last week, but I found more stuff in the last week.

Comment

Please, always keep a copy!!!
                        Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Yeah I deffs have been! It's all backed up on my LaCie!!!!

Comment

Yeah I deffs have been! It's all backed up on my LaCie!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyYou View Post
                              Guess who I just saw when I went for a run?! aahhhh! Luckily she didn't see me!

Hope you managed to cope with this all right. Not easy seeing the accuser out and about.

Comment

Working...
                              X