This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If facing sentencing.....a link to 'HMP Survival Guide'

Wife-of-an-innocent-man has put together some excellent advice for anyone who is facing trial, together with a link which would be useful reading for anyone unsure of what to expect if the worst should happens. (as she posted this on another thread I have collected her posts together in order to be able to make them a Sticky)

Make a 'worst case scenario' list:

Read 'HMP Survival guide' written by an ex con - really well written with excellent tips. http://issuu.com/prisonism/docs/hmp_a_survival_guide
    Put together a bills list and put together a finance document with pin numbers/bank info etc....

If he deals with Car docs etc... you'll need to know when things are due Service/MOT/Tax

Get a list of telephone numbers/names/addresses/DOB of all people he will want to call from prison - see HMP Survival guide

Go shopping for stationary / stamps / etc.... - See HMP kit list

Work out what your going to tell family / friends

The guide really helped us, my husband felt more in control of what was happening and was better prepared for each step. It helped answer the questions that we all have about prison life. I also felt that I was doing something to help, making sure he had stationary, phone numbers, clothes, money, etc...

I have to say that so far my husband has been treated really well and is coping quite well in prison, we are waiting to hear if we can go ahead with an appeal. Everybody has this image of jail and I think we sometimes we watch to many American films. There is nothing scary in the guide it is more likely to make people feel more positive than scare them to death.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 7 March 2013, 08:34 PM. Reason: to update link
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'
Working...
X