Confused after report of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by lawlessone2009

If there is no previous allegations on file and you are the first to report then they most likely will not proceed.

Faith said: Urmmm...are you sure about that? Were there previous allegations against you?

MerlinScot I may have missed something (very likely, I sometimes skim!!) but why were you detained?

I do wish that were so Lawlessone. I am helping several people who have never had a criminal conviction again them, not even a parking ticket who are now sitting in prison having been falsely accused and convicted of offences that never happened. These are guys who have never had a sniff of an allegation of inappropriate behaviour before.

I am also supporting others who similarly have never had a brush with the law and no previous allegations of impropriety made against them who are now awaiting trial.

Good question Faith
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      Originally Posted by lawlessone2009

If there is no previous allegations on file and you are the first to report then they most likely will not proceed.

I do wish that were so Lawlessone. I am helping several people who have never had a criminal conviction again them, not even a parking ticket who are now sitting in prison having been falsely accused and convicted of offences that never happened. These are guys who have never had a sniff of an allegation of inappropriate behaviour before.

I am also supporting others who similarly have never had a brush with the law and no previous allegations of impropriety made against them who are now awaiting trial.

Good question Faith
      I don't doubt what you're saying but please understand the OP is from Scotland as am I. We don't have quite as nasty a legal system up here...

I'm not saying that people don't go to jail on their first offence it's just that in Scotland 'corroboration' is required which muddies the waters a bit when there is a lack of it.

To get round that Mr Moorovs Doctrine exists. The OP might be feeling down at the moment but hopefully in the future the doctrine is going to make sure she gets justice and at the very least the Police treat her like a victim instead of a liar.
      Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
        Urmmm...are you sure about that? Were there previous allegations against you?
        MerlinScot I may have missed something (very likely, I sometimes skim!!) but why were you detained?
        I said it at the beginning. After onesided investigation police thought well of accusing me to waste their time and energy, which is likely another form of saying "false allegations". Point is (funny, I was discussing this with both Scottish women's Aid and Rape crisis support workers today!!) that police was NEVER interested in believing me.
        PF's letter speaks volume about this... He said that police never filed any report for prosecution of my ex but they asked PF's advice because they were suspecting me of falsely accusing my ex. This grated a lot on my nerves, because they actually REFUSED to see further evidence because they deemed it not related to the rape case before seeing it.

In few words, the PF never could prosecute my ex because he was never given the necessary evidence to prosecute him, but he only saw what he was given by the DC and the investigation team. This stinks as hell and I'm actually thinking of filing a complaint against the Northern Constabulary. They've been in trouble few times for falsely accusing rape victims of lying, victims even won compensation for the damages created by the police.

Rape Crisis Aberdeen is calling me back in one week.
        Let's see what these police officers were up to.
        I wouldn't be surprised there's something worse under this mess, especially because it came out few days ago that my ex's family actually tried to escape creditors in England giving their Scottish estate's ownership to my ex in 2009. It would be funny all this mess is originated by another attempt to cover his troubles.. to cover theirs! The document is even online on the Edinburgh Gazette (the Trust Deed), but of course I can't tell you where because I can't name my ex online (and offline, for privacy reasons).

@Faith, Sorry but I didn't understand who you were asking about the allegations. My ex had allegations and he was jailed for one night in two separate occasions, for drinking and break of the peace. This was in England though. No, he didn't have any allegations about abuse and rape, that was something he confessed to me (nice egoboost to say I abused my ex girlfriends!), but both of them... dumped him and no report was ever made. Given that I dumped him too, I now wonder if it was smarter to shut up, given the outcome of my report.
        I've no idea how they can convince raped women to report, especially up here.
        Last edited by MerlinScot; 3 May 2012, 11:42 PM. Reason: comment to Faith

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
          I can only wait like everyone else... You're case is massively different to my own and far more complex which is why I don't understand why you are not being believed. Lies are easy to tell when they involve simple acts but long term abuse is on a completely different planet.

You will see justice served in the end.
          You'd pleased to know that police dismissed the domestic abuse case as nothing related to the rapes. I was shocked and I even cried during my interrogation about this, I was nearly begging. I've nearly one hundred emails and at least 200 texts and messages proving the psychological/emotional abuse, the blackmailing I had to stand, etc. Police said: we're NOT interested, we want to see only stuff related to the rapes. Which was far less evidence than the constant abuse for one year!! My ex brought it all though, cutting off all his replies. I really wondered if these officers are stupid or acting like that on purpose.

Rape came after 7 months of an abusive relationship, I guess policemen aren't psychologically trained?
          I was asked "Why didn't you tell him in any of your correspondence that you were raped?" (because what I really wanted to do was forget, forget and forget, that the rape EVER happened!!)

I found this question so stupid. He WAS there, so why should I tell him 15 days later "b@st@rd, why did you rape me"? Then if I was in an abusive relationship, it is very clear that the main feeling taking over my personality was fear, it still is at this day. There's no day I'm not looking over my shoulder, I'm terrified and I can't stay alone anymore. First chance I have I leave and go over to my boyfriend's who lives 150 miles far from here.

Comment

It wouldn't please me that Police Officers don't do their jobs correctly considering they are funded by the public to protect the public. If they are simply dismissing things and not investigating properly then there is a big issue.

If they are also willing to protect those of a certain status or wealth then there is a further issue.

I too have come up against Officers saying that allegation 'x' has nothing to do with allegation 'y' yet they will happily use Moorovs Doctrine when 'y' can't be proven without 'x'. One rule for them and another for the rest of us.

If an allegation happens at or immediately before/after the incident in question then it would stand to reason that they are directly related and should be considered as such. Keeping them apart is an injustice in itself.
            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
              It wouldn't please me that Police Officers don't do their jobs correctly considering they are funded by the public to protect the public. If they are simply dismissing things and not investigating properly then there is a big issue.

If they are also willing to protect those of a certain status or wealth then there is a further issue.

I too have come up against Officers saying that allegation 'x' has nothing to do with allegation 'y' yet they will happily use Moorovs Doctrine when 'y' can't be proven without 'x'. One rule for them and another for the rest of us.

If an allegation happens at or immediately before/after the incident in question then it would stand to reason that they are directly related and should be considered as such. Keeping them apart is an injustice in itself.
              This case was full of injustices of any sort. Like you said, dismissing things and not investigating properly could prompt the question if they're doing the public's interest.

Of course not, but I can see their point though, they don't want to get the public worried. Here in the Highlands they're all terrified to lose the tourism, which is the main source of income for everybody. If you read one of the papers here, it seems like we're all living in La-La land, people buying and selling cows and sheep, the weekly ceilidh or food festival, crofters shows, highland games....and they lived happily ever after LOL
              Well rapists and rape cases don't end up on papers at all (even without mentioning names). Liars, yes, to show how much work the NC is putting into investigations (rofl).
              Anyway, I tried to contact 2 papers here and they laughed at me, they're not going to publish that a rapist is out undisturbed among children and teens, people would get mad at the justice system and something bad could happen... I said "Excuse me??". So it's more important not to scare people off than... reporting the truth.

Appalling.
              I think there are more than 2 issues in my case. Hiding an abuser and a rapist because the family is shielding him to protect their assets becomes police's failure too. Yeah, like you were saying, they should protect us but they don't. So it's better to find teens strangled and murdered in a wood like it happened one week ago here and nobody knows who this gorgeous girl met that day... maybe someone like my ex.
              Last edited by MerlinScot; 4 May 2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X