• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said fozzyb

Good to have that fighting attitude
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Ditto what Faith said. Well done on maintaining such a positive attitude in the face of adversity.

Comment

I believe in Karma too Fozzyb, it keeps me going sometimes

The Scotland/England law has mixed me up at times, but I do have this clear - there won't be a NFA letter popping through the door.
        This is from the Procurator Fiscal website -
        It is not the policy of the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service to automatically inform accused persons where a decision is taken not to take court action.

It is, however, open to an accused person who has been reported for alleged offences to contact the Procurator Fiscal’s office, either directly or through their lawyer, to enquire as to the decision of the Procurator Fiscal.

So you could contact them yourself. The reason I say that is because the Solicitor we saw took over two weeks to write on my Son's behalf, which upset me a bit. Hopefully you've got one who is a bit quicker off the mark.

Comment

Thanks very much everyone, I really appreciate everybodys kind words and support and advice, I didn't know that I could contact the PF myself, I had an feeling that I wouldn't receive a letter confirming whats what, Im in the same boat because my lawyer is also slow off the mark at certain things and this is also one of the things, do you know how I can contact the Procurator Fiscal? And do you know what I should be asking lol, I really don't know where to begin, This site has been very helpful .

Comment

You would need to contact the office for your area.
            The link here explains how each area is divided and gives contact information.
            http://www.copfs.gov.uk/about/area-p...s-fiscal-index

Each case will be on record, but if you are uncomfortable about speaking to someone over the phone, you could always write a letter yourself, or you might rather let your Solicitor do it.

Comment

Hi everyone, I got a letter from the PVG stating that my appeal to get this information off my PVG will be passed on to a head police officer to decide if it can come off or not, now i'm not buttoned up the back I know that he most likely wont take it off but does anyone know how he will reach his decision? And also my mum thinks that there is a time limit for the police for the police to have a final decision (about 1 year) can anyone tell me if this is right? Thanks.

Comment

I would like to add that I have had great support and advice from people on this site and I would like to say I can't thank everyone enough on a day like today when I was out at asda and people who were friends of both me and my ex wife body swerve me or give me dirty looks and I feel like im back at square 1 because even if I clear my name some people with stare at me accusingly, it really helps knowing that I can come on this site and it's kind of reassuring that im not the only person going through this, although I would never wish this upon anyone else, again I would like to say thanks.

Comment

PVG/One year

Hi Fozzyb

thanks for your kind support. Ok, In Scotland if you have NOT been remanded, the PF has up to one year to decide whether or not to go to court i.e is it likely to attain a conviction.
                  This is obviously very frustrating, phone your local PF office they will give you a ref no. Phone every week, at least once a week and quote the ref no, the likely response is "condition unchanged" However, do it. The PF/CPS in Scotland has no legal obligation to tell you what is happening with your case, so contact them. As for PVG the charge will sit, with either NFA or NC, you then contact Disclosure Scotland and they will refer it to the Police to ask that it be removed and yes this will be at the discretion of a senior officer.
                  Don't lose faith, I know the system sucks, but they get it right more often than they get it wrong. Its human beings under serious pressure to safeguard human beings. You can fight this, and you will win. Don't ever think differently.

Comment

Thanks very much numbtothecore for that, I will be phoning them every week from now on, I got a letter from PVG about it going to the chief police officer and I know what my chances are (none) but I will appeal and appeal until I get something sorted, I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some extra advice, I have an amazing girlfriend and she knows all about the situation and has been greatly supportive to me, the advice I need is something that my mums worried about, my girlfriend has 2 kids aged 8 and 11, will the social work want to get involved with them? as I do see them he i'm seeing my partner, I would not want them involved in this and hope that someone can give me advice, Thanks.

Comment

PVG nightmare continues...

Hi FozzyB,
                      I too am an innocent victim of a very flawed PVG system and my life is in ruins because of it. Initially the PVG Unit inform you that you are under consideration for "listing" and give you the opportunity to put your case to the Scottish Ministers (via Disclosure Scotland) as to why you think you should NOT be "listed". Your written defence is then assessed by the Chief Constable of Police Scotland who decides whether to place you on the children's list, the adult's list, both lists or not to list you at all. Once they decide to list you (and they will list you because they ignore everything you tell them, even when you provide them with incontrovertible evidence), you can then appeal against being listed. Again, they completely ignore what you say and that takes you to the stage I'm at where I will soon be appearing in court with my lawyer in tow to put my case to a Sheriff. In my case, not only was I never charged with any crime, I was never even interviewed by the police! I had no idea there was anything on my PVG till I applied for a new job. You could not make this stuff up! I have never been in any kind of trouble my entire life, not even a speeding ticket. My MSP couldn't help me but did admit that the power given to the police, social workers and other agencies under this new PVG scheme is alarming. Get on the wrong side of someone with this power and they can ruin your life with just a lie. All this is done in the name of the Scottish Ministers but in reality, they haven't a clue about the injustices taking place in their name. I wish you luck but I think a miracle would be more appropriate. If I can assist you in any way, just ask.

Comment

Ooops...

Hi FozzyB, I have just realised the date of your post is 2012. Sorry, I thought it was current. I'm a newbie at forums.
                        What happened in the end or is it still ongoing?

Comment

Hi Miss I,

I've just checked and FozzyB hasn't posted on the forum since November 2012 so it is unlikely he will see your post, but sorry to read of your predicament....
                          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I'll fight on till I die...

Thanks for your support casehardened.

Comment

Working...
                            X