Trouble with replying to threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with replying to threads

I've made several attempts to reply to a thread, but i keep getting signed out.
    It is fine until i click "reply to thread", and then it displays the log in page, when i've already logged in several times.

am i doing something wrong?
    x

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. What browser and operating system are you using?

Comment

I have the very same problem and thought it was just me doing something wrong. Also when I am signed in I lose the 'todays posts' tab. It gets replaced with 'new posts' which doesn't give the same list of recent replies to threads. Any ideas?

Comment

Are you trying to post on a closed thread?

as for the other - not a clue!
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

No, not posting on closed threads. Nevermind, it isn't preventing me from posting or reading, I just have to make sure I log out each time to view posts and then log back in again to reply.

Comment

I'm not having the same problem, so can't really advise. If it was a forum-wide issue, we'd all get it.
            My browser (Firefox) saves login data automatically so no need to log in. As yours seems to constantly log you out, this is why my thoughts turn to what browser you're using.
            It could, of course, be something entirely different. Could your broadband connection having an off day cause this?

Comment

Probably not broadband as it's been like it since I joined weeks ago. Might be browser but I'm not much of an IT techy. As I said, it isn't causing me any heartache logging back in each time, it's just odd that both myself and C&C are experiencing the same thing. Thanks for responses though.

Comment

sorry, has taken me several attempts to reply to this one now too. Eeesh!
                I'm using firefox, and it saves my passwords too, so any site i'm registered on I don't have to log in myself (fabulous when i'm using my own laptop - not so fabulous when i'm accessing from elsewhere and can't remember my bloomin' passwords! lol)

and.... this is me showing how UN-tech i am.... what's an operating system?
                *blushes furiously*

also not been trying to post on closed threads, was trying to reply to one of my earlier topics.

x
                reason for edit: terrible spelling and repeated words, am blaming that on stress (though it's probably just me, but shh. )

Comment

Originally posted by Browneyedgirl View Post
                  I have the very same problem and thought it was just me doing something wrong. Also when I am signed in I lose the 'todays posts' tab. It gets replaced with 'new posts' which doesn't give the same list of recent replies to threads. Any ideas?
                  Can't answer the original question about being signed out but can shed some light on the today's posts query above.
                  When you first come onto the site, you are as a guest. The 'Today's Posts' tab will display any posts made that day
                  Once you sign in, it becomes New Posts which is supposed to display a list of posts since you were last logged in.
                  The reason you might get less then is if you have already been logged in at some point during the day. it will only show you the posts since then.
                  "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I frequently get "signed out" of this site if I am replying to a thread and it takes more than a few minutes to compose my response. When I hit the "reply to thread" button, it tells me I am not logged in. However, I do get a "you are not logged in" message, and a prompt to re-enter my username and password, which, when I have done that, seems to automatically post my reply.
                    I am a complete durr-brain at computer stuff, so am not sure whether that helps at all!

Comment

I enjoyed your use of the word 'durr-brain!'
                      Used to call people that at school...
                      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I'm a complete 'durr brain' ( love that saying, Saffron ) at computer stuff too, but have found by refreshing the page after logging in seems to sort the problem for me.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me know there may be a problem with this. I'll have a poke at the settings in the back.

One thought though - it sounds ike you have cookies disabled. A cookies has got a lot of bad press, for good reason in some cases as they have been abused. However, cookies are also very useful things - they are the small text file on your computer that remembers your login detail, remembers your last login time and thus what posts you have read - things like that.

Please check you have got cookies enabled.

Thanks!

Moo
                          I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

Working...
                          X