No announcement yet.

Don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on how you feel about the situation.

You haven't spoken 'directly' to anyone on here about the incident in so far as giving names or locations. Your posts have remained pretty light on detail so it can't adversely effect your circumstances.

You sought advice. You received advice. You have acted on that advice. The Police may well want to know why it's taken so long to report, could be worth mentioning here and your confusion/bigger worries about wife.
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

My understanding would be that the police want to know of people they can talk to who will corroborate that you have detailed the incident to them.
      Like lawlessone says, you haven't explicitly told anyone hear about it but sought advice giving only vague detail.

No harm in casually mentioning that you have sought advice from support groups, but I think the police's main interest will lie with people they can take statements from.
      Take care and keep us informed.
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

yes, I too think the police would want statement from other people you have told about what happened. Keep us updated.

Comment

You say that you mentioned it to your Doctor and possibly your brother. Why not tell them that you posted here too - It may not help but I cant see how it can hurt.

Comment

I have been to the police station and made a statement .Now its in the hands of the police . Once again thank you every one for your support

Comment

well done for doing that tormented. Well done for being brave and facing this situation and doing something about it. Keep us updated. Take care of yourself.

Comment

It was the right and sensible thing to do. Keep us updated. Well done.
                And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Well done for going to the police. It takes a lot of bravery to report
                  "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

I am very pleased to hear this. It takes a great deal of courage to report something like this and I am proud that you did.

Comment

Its been nearly 3 weeks since reporting the incident to the police but I have not heard anything is this normal

Comment

oh yes - they don't work very quickly.
                        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

but I was told someone will get in touch with me in a few days

Comment

Anything that they tell you, think the opposite.
                            If they said it would be a few weeks, I'd honestly have expected them at my door in a few days.
                            Honesty isn't always their main policy...and as RFLH says, timekeeping certainly isn't

Be prepared for a lot of waiting...but you have still done the right thing.
                            Try and concentrate on other things as best you can
                            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I rang the police today to get an update of my complaint. and I was told by the officer who is dealing with the case that he has not spoken to this person and that he will do so by next week or so .Is this normal

Comment

Tormented, I dont know much about being the one who reports to the police side. From what i experienced,the accuser of my partner complained to the police and within a few days he was arrested and interviewed. I hope somebody will come along and say whether it is normal.. 3 weeks is a bit long from your last post.

Comment

Working...
                                X