Still waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting

sorry it's been a while since I have posted but I do read every thread and continue to find your advice and comments both helpfull and sometimes frightening. I suspect like many I sit quietly in the shadows and feel I have little to offer others in this terrible sutuation. I have be re bailed due to the CPS being unable to make a decision and so the police are now taking formal statements from secondary whitnesses. Does anyone know if this is good or bad. I have so far managed to remain saine but not sure my thought process is as objective as it should be. Thanks

Hi Barney,
    Yes, sometimes as we read more we get scared but in some days also we feel better when we know what could be coming to us. One would never know if getting statements is good or bad. I guess it depends on who are these witnesses and what they will say. For example, in our case, the police investigated more and get additional statements; most of the statements conflicted the accuser's story. Hence, it worked well for us especially as these statements are from the immediate family member of the accuser. But of course there are also statements that are against you. Just hang in there. Let us hope your case will be an NFA. Forget it for now.. despite how hard it is and enjoy the new year's eve.

Comment

Barney - the more you take part here the more you will get from it.

Please keep posting then you will find people will answer.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

it would be good to know also that something is happening for your case; for us we saw statements were spaced out with 4 months interval! so the more progress the closer the decision; the waiting will soon be over! I dont know how long you have been waiting hopefully not long! :-)

Comment

Yeah, kept waiting and waiting...

I've still not received ANY statements or any information other than a bail sheet detailing what I now CAN'T do.

It's a shambles of a system and extremely unfair.

A waiting game where your entire life is put on hold simply at the whim of a faceless state that it appears might or might not decide to prosecute you depending on how they feel that day, whenever 'that day' arrives.

Torture would be a word of description I do believe...
          Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Barney, it seems to me that if the police are now taking secondary statements then they probably feel they have a weak case so are trying to build it up. In other words, it sounds like they are trawling for evidence to support the allegations because what they already have would not stand up at trial.

Let's hope that those statements are not helpful to them.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

It's been about 4 months now and I will keep you updated. The waiting is absolute torture and although I know am completely inocent the fear that they will not see this is terrible. I do have to say that I have read at least one recent post who is so filled woth self pity it anoys me. Although the people on here looking for support and advice are inocent of any legal crime, some people like myself are the ones through our own stupidity that let the evil enter our lives and hurt the people that matter most - our partners and family. if this reminds youof yourself then please get rid of it and save your strength for what really matters and that is proving them right to believe in you and building the trust and belief back in us. (feel better for that)

RF, I thought the same as you and only hope they are tying off any loose ends before coming to the right decision. They are asking a lot about my character this time and again hope this is a positive.
              Thanks you all for taking the time to reply.
              Last edited by barney; 3 January 2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Couldn't agree more Barney. I hope that sense will prevail soon for you.
                And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
                X