My brother's mentally ill partner has accused him of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother's mentally ill partner has accused him of rape

my brother met a girl on facebook a year ago she moved in after a while it was only then he discovered she had mental problems she has always been manipulative volatile & violent towards him & said if he ever finished with her she would destroy him told him. my brother being a quiet passive lad didnt have the bottle to stand up to her & tried his best to help her. last week she had one of her psychotic episodes & pulled a knife on him he managed to restrain her & got the knife away from her & finally snapped & told her to leave his flat she left but threatened to kill herself so my brother called the police in case she hurt herself & she told the police my brother has been raping her & keeping her prisoner for over a year which is a joke my brother works for the local council & cant work til this is cleared up hes on bail for 4 weeks & dont know whats going to happen he hasnt ever been in trouble before has no criminal record not even a parking ticket & this is destroying him but none of us know what to do

First of all hang in there and try not to worry. Write down all the reasons what she says is rubbish. Think very carefully. Others wiser voices will be along soon.

Comment

hi helpseeker
      have you got any proof about her psychotic behaviour . my guess would be to get any information you have about her .background ect .any other incidents like this. evidence of her threats to your brother . this will all help . anything that you think of will help and give this info to his solicitor as soon as possible ..he sounds like he needs as much help as possible.

Comment

Mental health records will be invaluable here should this lead to charge. She may well have a habit of doing this.......
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi Helpseeker and welcome.
          This girl sounds seriously disturbed. Such outlandish accusations!
          As others have said, start making notes of all her previous erratic behaviour. Her mental health records could be useful, but do bear in mind that people with MH issues are considered "vulnerable" and their illness does tend to elicit sympathy.
          With regard to her accusations that she has been kept prisoner by your brother - surely she has been seen out by others, mutual friends, etc. She may even have been filmed on cctv at a cashpoint or in a bar, which would be invaluable. Ask your brothe to write down all the times she has been out recently, and see if you can talk to anyone who may have seen her.
          If you do get this info, do not under any circumstances pass it to the police. Give it to your solicitor to keep it safe.
          Finally, speaking of solicitors, make sure you have a good one on board. It needs to be someone who is experienced at successfully defending false allegations of sexual assault/abuse. If you post up which county you are in, we may be able to advise on this. (Just put your county, not your town).
          I'm sorry you find yourself here.

Comment

she has been out with him in public all year has been on holiday twice is out every weekend drinking with her friends & has put pictures on facebook so she hasnt been kept prisoner like she claims. my brother had sex with his partner saturday morning went to work all day & about 8 pm that night they went to the pub with friends after 3 pints my brother started to fall asleep as he was exhausted from work he went home early & this drove her into going crazy again.

back at the flat she assaulted him as he slept on the sofa & when he told her they were finished she took a knife tried to stab him then ran half clothed into the night. my brother was the one who called the police as she has attemted suicide before & he was worried about her but when the police found her she told them my brother had raped her & kept her prisoner for over a year.

she has a police record longer than my arm possesion of drugs gbh abh receiving stolen goods threatening behaviour common assault & shoplifting. my brother has no police record. several people have witnessed her assaulting my brother including me but she wont change her story.

in april she banned my brother from seeing his family or friends & kept flipping out. my brother had a charity event arranged with me in may to raise money for the leicestershire air ambulance it had been arranged for over a year but she kicked off at me for stealing her boyfriend. we were only away for a couple of hours & on our return she went crazy punching my brother in the face then she came up to me swallowed what looked like a bottle of tablets laughed in my face & said to me "see what you made me do" the police & ambulance were called but she refused to see them it was only when the police threatened to section her she went to the hospital but was released an hour later as she hadnt took anything.

she has three children who have no contact with her whatsoever & for reasons we dont know she cant return to the town where her children live, but we dont know much about her past apart from what she has told us she has never worked claims to be related to celebrities & says she has hitmen after her as well. its been 5 days since the police have been in touch hes not been charged but we dont know whats going on does anyone know what happens next?
            Last edited by RFLH; 4 November 2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I do wish people would post up in small paragraphs as it's difficult to read long blocks like this.

From what I can gather from your post you seem to have a lot of very helpful evidence and the business with the pretend overdose should be on record.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi there, can't add to the excellent advice given but just wanted to welcome you to the site. You will get good advice and support and it is a good place to let off steam as we all know where you are coming from with this.
                Kind regards
                Jen
                False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

If i had a sex slave locked in my house i very much doubt i would call the cops to my house! Johnny Depp would get free if i did.

Its lucky he has you, he will need his family to get through this nightmare.
                  Bright side: Hes shot of her, hes got away, injured, but shes out of his flat and life. Honesty you couldn't make this **** up. Theres more holes in her story than Swiss cheese. The cops will see this, and while its their duty to investigate, the probably know the score and are just going through the motions.

Good luck.
                  Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

after accusing him of rape the nutter that she is has started texting my brother asking if hes ok.
                    the conditions of his bail are he is not allowed to make any contact he has notified his solicitor & the police but we still dont know whats going on or if he is going to be charged.
                    my brother has also found some time dated videos taken by her of them having sex during the same time period as she claims my brother was raping her the last video was only 5 weeks ago on holiday.
                    we have not told the police of these videos though as my brother already feels embarrassed enough & cant bear the thought of total strangers looking at them so there a last resort.
                    the waitings a killer though the whole family is just waiting til the first of december when my brothers bail notice states he has to return to the police station but what happens then? will he be charged will they drop the case or will it drag on for months we get no answers when we phone the police & we have no idea ourselves.
                    its horrible being kept in the dark over something so important.

Comment

whatever you do - don't tell the police. Keep them in a safe place as they are important evidence, you don't want them to get 'lost'.
                      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi Helpseeker

You have answered your own question there. When he answers bail, any one of the following could happen:
                        The case is dropped (NFAd)
                        He is charged
                        Bail is extended.

If he is charged he may be remanded in custody. A good solicitor should be able to make sure this doesn't happen though.

Keep a record of all the texts/emails etc she is sending and save them to the SIM of the phone. Pass the SIM to your solicitor, if your bro is charged. Under no circumstances should you give them to the police, but do make them aware that she is trying to contact him. Make sure your sol knows as well. Do NOT reply to her via any media, not even a 3rd party.

You are right, waiting is tough. Hang in there. Only a couple of weeks to go.

Comment

shes vanished is that good or bad ?

shes vanished into thin air now my brothers solictitor said yesterday the police have been unable to contact his ex girlfriend since she made the accusation.
                          she was put in a womens refuge but vanished the next day & no one can find her .
                          shes not even answering her phone to her family even though it rings her daughter & cousins keep texting my brother asking whats up with mum but my brother didnt dare reply even though he felt guilty about not answering.
                          a mutual friend said she hasnt told her family anything & believes she is living in the traveller community as she lived with them a few years before she met my brother.
                          dont know if her vanishing act is a good thing or a bad thing though as my brothers worried she will just turn up at the flat kicking off or acting like nothings happened.

Comment

re bailed for 2 months as the police cant contact her

oh well my brothers been re bailed til febuary because the police cant get in touch with his accuser.

my brothers solicitor said the police couldnt find her at the address where she was meant to be staying & she hangs up or wont answer when the police phone her.

its believed shes living with travellers in somerset or may even be in romania or poland as she has friends there shes posted pictures of her at a travellers site but has now deleted her facebook account as well.

she knows my brothers innocent & shes in trouble for lying & has gone into hiding but where does that leave my brother?

she could stay hidden in the traveller community for years a police officer told us
                            as they look after their own.

will he be on bail forever if they dont find her? my brothers life is on hold until this is sorted out

Comment

hi sounds to me like she has realized her accusations are not going to hold up, so she has"as we say" done a runner.hopefully the police will let the matter drop and she dosn.t come back, why else would she go to great lengths to hide herself.
                              don,t know how you stand on the matter if she does turn up again, mabye RF can help you on that one, in the mean time stay strong

Comment

Working...
                              X