Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving the falsely-accused a voice

Hi,

I'll be open to start with, in accordance with house rules.

My name's Steve Anderson and I'm a freelance journalist and postgraduate journalism student looking to speak with people who have been on the receiving end of false rape allegations for a feature to highlight this worryingly common occurrence.

Any discussions would be kept anonymous if wished, and I can assure everyone that said feature would be approached sensitively and with utmost respect for all parties concerned.

Again, in accordance with the house rules, I'm currently working for The Independent (in a completely unrelated department), and have previously done work for local Midlands papers the Leicester Mercury and the Nottingham Post, as well as the Mail on Sunday.

The feature would form part of a dissertation for my master's course, but I would be pitching it to The Independent and possibly the Mail on Sunday or one of its magazine supplements.

I understand that people may not be too forthcoming in what I can only imagine is an incredibly upsetting position to be in, but I want to give a voice to people in positions such as yourselves, and to hopefully bring this issue to the conscience of the public.

If you are in any doubt about my authenticity, you can find my Journalisted page at www.journalisted.com/steve-anderson and I can be reached on my Independent email at s.anderson@independent.co.uk

I understand that I won't be able to send/receive PMs for a while as I am new. But feel free to email or call me.

I urge people to come forward to tell me their stories and for those that don't, I wish you the best of luck with everything.

Kind regards,

Steve

Contacts:
    Email, personal: stephenandersonmedia@gmail.com
    Email, work: s.anderson@independent.co.uk
    Phone, work (10 to 5.30): 0207 005 2318
    (Mobile number will be given via email)
Working...
X