full member now but previous posts have disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full member now but previous posts have disappeared

hi can someone tell me where my posts have gone. they seem to have disappeared when my member status changed from new member to full member.

thanks

joon

Hi
    You asked for one of your posts to be deleted, so it looks like they were all so.
    I've reinstated your posts. If you find one which you don't want there, let me know.

Comment

thanks but that is a ridiculous response when all i did was make an enquiry

with all do respect i did not specify which post i wanted to be deleted. i just enquired since i could not see the option which if the moderators read properly they would have seen.

it is very rude to do delete my posts when i did NOT specify.

but thanks LS for reinstating them though

Joon

a note to the moderators of daftmoo. it is called common courtesy to ASK me and any other member what specific posts they'd like to delete rather than make assumptions.

Comment

Whoa, hold the attitude.

It is with some digging that I found a request from you for a post to be deleted. Not being the one who did the deleting, I haven't gone looking for a post from you stating which one you wanted deleted. I merely checked for your last posts, and lo and behold the first one I saw was a request from you asking for a post to be deleted. I am assuming there was another one instructing what post you wanted gone.

However, this is not a day job. People moderate here out of the goodness of their hearts, and there are times when things go wrong. Easy for the wrong key to be pressed and, hell, we don't even know if it's a software reason.

Maybe bear that in mind before "common courtesy" etc, eh?

Comment

LS I am not attacking you personally

I have simply pointed out something that I believe is common sense and courtesy to ask me that is all.

Regardless as I said before thanks for re instating my posts.

Thanks,

Comment

It's okay, no offence taken, as I know you were not singling me out.

All I wanted you to be aware of is that no one would delete your posts maliciously or with ill intent.
            For those who haven't used the forum software (vBulletin), it's not the easiest thing to get your head around, and very easy to get it to do the wrong thing.

To this end, it's likely that your posts were deleted unintentionally. Having said that, yesterday a poster asked for (all of) his posts to be deleted. This happens a lot - when people see their woes in black and white they start to doubt if they can trust anyone here, and requests come in to have us delete their work.

It's possible we just saw the words "delete my posts" in your thread after yesterday's guy, and deleted accordingly.

We are not gods here, and we do make mistakes.

Comment

Oh right I see where you are coming from.

How long will it take before all my posts are reinstated?

I see a few are back on the forum but not all of them ?

I assume it will take about 24 hours?

Comment

I don't think there's a time limit; they should be up as soon as reinstated. Give me a few minutes, maybe I missed some.

Comment

Okay, there was your initial enquiry about deletion, which was still in the bin, and I've reinstated it. As far as I can tell that's all of them now.

Comment

Originally posted by River2005 View Post
                    it is very rude to do delete my posts when i did NOT specify.

a note to the moderators of daftmoo. it is called common courtesy to ASK me and any other member what specific posts they'd like to delete rather than make assumptions.
                    Joon, sometimes the forum suffers glitches and things like this happen unintentionally.
                    As LS said, we do what we do here on an unpaid basis in our own time. I find your accusation of rudeness quite...well, rude, especially after two of us Mods have gone out of our way to offer you support.

I replied to your post offering to delete the post you wanted to remove, but you did not reply so I didn't delete any of them. None of us would have deliberately deleted all your posts without you specifically requesting it.

Common courtesy works both ways.

Comment

Working...
                    X