Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting a post of mine

Hi

How do I delete a post of mine. There does not seem to be an option that will allow me to do so ?

Thanks,

Joon

Originally posted by River2005 View Post

How do I delete a post of mine. There does not seem to be an option that will allow me to do so ?
    Hi Joon,

You've probably worked it out now, but you can delete your own posts as long as you do it within the edit window (about 20 minutes?). Click on the Edit button below your post and wipe it out; though I think the shell of the post remains.

After this time you have to throw yourself on the mercy of the moderators, though after your recent rant they may well be very reluctant to do so again

Edited to prove it can be done and to agree that you did not actually ask for any of your posts to be deleted but were enquiring how to do it
    Last edited by Casehardened; 17 May 2011, 05:42 AM. Reason: To add disclaimer!!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Yes you can edit your posts, but you cannot actually delete. Even if you remove the text, I think if you try to save it still demands that you have at least 15 characters of text.

We're happy to help out (even after rants), but to help us it would be helpful to copy the thread's location, and tell us which post you want removing:

example
      " Hi LS, I've posted cack. Can you remove it please. The thread is at:
      http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...6107#post16107

and the post is number #3"

Comment

Working...
      X