Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get 'No Further Action' (NFA) changed to 'No Crime' (NC) on the Police National Computer (PNC)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get 'No Further Action' (NFA) changed to 'No Crime' (NC) on the Police National Computer (PNC)?

Does anyone know how to get 'No Further Action' (NFA) changed to 'No Crime' (NC) on the Police National Computer (PNC)? Or even better, how to get the record removed completely?

I was falsely accused of rape in 2005, arrested and promptly released without charge.

Years later, I submitted a Freedom Of Information (FOI) request to see my file on the PNC. It listed the arrest as NFA.

I requested the case files stored in the police station where I was arrested through a second FOI request. Most of the notes had been removed so all I can see are blank pages, but amongst the sections that I can read is a note which recommends that the case be recorded as NC.

I understand that NC indicates police confidence that a person is innocent, whereas NFA simply indicates that there is insufficient evidence to prosecute. As I will need to disclose the arrest for my job, I am keen that the details of the record are changed on the PNC in accordance with the police officer's recommendation.

I apologise for such a technical email but I think the detail is necessary. I'm sure there are plenty of people reading this blog who want to pursue careers working with children or vulnerable adults, or in the police, civil service, or the host of other jobs which require vetting who would benefit from any advice on offer.

Thanks very much for your help.

Try writing to the Chief Constable in your area and if you can get your local MP to support you, so much the better.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I got mine no crimed but they don't like doing it as the stats look **** then and the police forces get accused of manipulations of the figures. But a det con reviewed my case referred it to an auditor who six months later duly confirming it was no crime. I have had two crb since then neither has flagged it up. Go into police station and ask to spk to inspector as is your right then explain to him how it could harm your Job prospects and see what happens.

Comment

Just want to chip in that I'm following any discussion on this topic with great interest, and am subscribed to this, and any relevant threads on the forum that I can find.
        I too, by the way, am recently nfa'd.
        I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

First route just married is to get in touch with your MP.
          If you can do it that way, then it will save a lot of money. There are solicitors out there who try to challenge it, but the success rate is low and the cost to you will be high, legal aid won't cover this.
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

As per my advice in the second post.....

Spending money and instructing a solicitor won't necessarily result in the removal of the allegation etc. It's not that solicitors are useless - it's because it really is nigh on impossible.

Ask your MP to write to the Chief Constable outlining details of why you are not guilty.

Do not include lots of peripheral info there but evidence that gets to the heart of the allegation(s) or proves that the complainant has lied before about similar matters or has committed fraud.....anything to discredit their reliability (not their good name!) It's not helpful to say they drink or take drugs, or sleep around, for instance.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Did you get anywhere by going through your Member of Parliament.

regards,

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X