Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex-wife making accusations against my partner

Hi Saffron,

Well my partner has not been accused as such as yet, but his ex wife his contacting all and I mean all of his family members, friends etc, on facebook, and accusing him of raping her over 3 years ago. She is also accusing him of being abusive a drunk etc, which is all UNTRUE! They are going through a legal battle at the minute about their child, which my partner has custody of, and in a nutshell things were not going her way, so she has just become more and more unbalanced, unrational and psychotic!

Hi Anxiouspartner

This happends a lot in custody battles. The ex-wife thinks she may have to allow access and so fabricates these allegations to prevent contact being granted by the family courts.
    Have you been keeping a record of these facebook "announcements" and the people she is badmouthing him to? Do these people believe her, or discount her claims as fiction?
    I would recommend that you keep records of the above. Don't whatever you do report her to the police - they will then start investigating to find proof that her claims are true, even if they are patently not!

Others will no doubt be along soon. In the meantime I will move your post above to a new thread in the FA section.

Comment

Hi Saffron,

My partner has custody of the child. He has been with his dad since they split two years ago next month, she went about nine months before seeing him, then agreed to verbal agreement which she never kept to, after claiming she was suffering from bad depression our solicitor said to only have supervised visits, and she did not like that! She saw her son once, then made no calls to him or anything. All of her friends and family are believing what she is writing and we are printing out, but unfortunately, my partner was that upset we went to the police the other day. The police advised us to report her on facebook and never said much about the rape claims!
      And thank you for your help so far, really appreciate it

Comment

Working...
      X