more advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more advice needed please

Hi everyone, its been a few weeks since ive contributed to the forum. I thought ,as everyone does on here, that my life was over. In fact i was ready to give up all hope. Then to my great relief i received a "notice of discontinuance" that is they have decided to discontinue my trial due to lack of evidence. hooray. Then on closer inspection of the letter i notice they can reinstate it at any time. I would like to know whether its common for cases to be reinstated? Will i have this hanging over me for the rest of my life? My solicitor thinks i am worrying unduly. Any comments from anyone experienced in these matters will be greatly appreciated.
    Try to keep positive everyone.
    Thanks, Hope.

A notice of discontinuance does have a provision in it to say that a case can be opened at any time if further evidence comes to light but usually it is the end of the matter,here is a link to the CPS site that explains it:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/t...tinuance_under

Comment

my case was no furthered actioned and then 8 months later they came and re arrested me and took me to trial of which i was found not guilty,

Comment

Hi ron,

Did they come up with new evidence even though it turned out to be useless?

Comment

hi they had no new evidence except that the doctor who examined the claiment said she was told the woman was raped by 2 men,then 8 months later she said she made a mistake and it was 1 man but twice pretty big mistake,you need to keep calm i know its hard but most times they will not come back once its not continued or that

Comment

Hi Midnight and Worried and Ron101, thanks for the input, i am greatly relieved but still not relaxed about it. Lack of evidence, does that mean they have had all the evidence the police have, or they are still waiting for them to present it all? If the police werent ready with their evidence do they have to inform you if this is the case? Thanks Hope

Comment

Hello Hope,

I can only explain what happened in my Grandson's case - the Police carried out their investigations including forensic on his mobile phone for text messages etc,they then put this evidence to the CPS.
              After going through it they decided that there was insufficient evidence to prosecute and we were informed that it was 'No Further Action' and in the majority of cases that is the end of the matter.
              They always leave the clause that the case could be reopened if any further evidence comes to light,say for instance the worst happened and you were accused by someone else at a later date - they would then reopen the original allegation too.

With ron100 it looks as though further evidence was presented by the accuser but from what I've seen on here and other forums this is most unusual.

I know it will be difficult for a while but slowly you will get your life back on track and hopefully this will all become just a bad memory.

I'm sure others will be along to explain their situation after an NFA,I can only add that my Grandson is now getting on with his life and putting the episode behind him.

Comment

Hi Midnight, thanks for the words of encouragement, i suppose its early days and it takes a while to get over something as traumatic as this, but im trying. My heart goes out to all those on here falsely accused. It just should not be so easy for people to make these false allegations. After the initial elation of the discontinuance notice, i still felt i had been abused by this woman,her family, and the system. but ill take what you said on board and get on with trying to lead a normal life.
                Dont give up hope people, you never know what might happen right up to the last moment. Take care, Hope.

Comment

Working...
                X