Bail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bail...

Why is it that it seems a common experience on here for many people to be on bail for many months?

In my own case i have now been on bail for a total of 5 months and my 2nd date to return is not until February!!

Being on bail 'pending further investigations/CPS decision' is a living nightmare. You cant move on with your life and at no stage are you informed whats happening, Totally powerless.

When i received my bail notice i politely enquired with the OIC about timescales/progress only to be told i would have to be interviewed in order to discuss the case.

Now i know that any further enquiries will not lead to any evidence to suggest i committed the offence - I know it did not happen.

What is the position with bail? Why does it take so long? You mentally prepare yourself for a return date and hope that it all comes to an end...Only to be told its being extended!!

Hi Lee,

I asked exactly the same question back in July,my Grandson has been rebailed twice since then and we have had no contact from the Police,solicitor or anyone.

When I asked how long it was likely to take the Officer just said that they had a backlog of work and it would just have to take it's turn,no consolation I know but to the Police I suppose it is just another job to do.

Apparently it takes a while to get information from PC's or mobile phones which is what they have been doing with my Grandson's case but he has not been interviewed again.

We have tried to keep busy and not think about it too much,easier said than done but when I feel low I come here and do receive a lot of support and practical advice,I'm sure you will receive the same.

Take care of yourself.

Comment

Thanks. Hope everything go's ok for your grandson.

Its ridiculous the amount of time it takes given that most people on here are accused of a crime with the gravity of rape and other serious sexual offences. I know in my case i have been on unconditional bail for over 5 months.

Comment

hi,
        hope everythign goes fine... as i have been rebailed 3 times now i know how does it feel like....... it feels like hell.... dont know what my future will be what will happen and just because of 1 false accusation my life turn around...... still waiting for my date to return which is in jan,.... i hope it comes out in my favour.... but as in so many cases police always belive women no matter if they have prove or not :S

Comment

Hi Lee,

The only consolation for you is that if there was no doubt in the police's view that you had done it and/or overwhelming evidence you would have charged fairly quickly.

Charging should take place as soon as sufficient evidence to support a trial has been gathered. If they have not found enough as yet to prefer charges, and you say that they will not find anything else, then unfortunately it is just a matter of waiting until the case has been through the CPS mill.

Was your PC seized for analysis? If so this in itself involves a 7/9 month wait (again, unless your case is sufficiently high-profile for it to go to the front of the queue)
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi Lee, yes this bailing-postponing bail dates is totally cruel.

A. is getting very anxious again as his next date (will it be postponed yet again) is on Monday. He has no idea what is being cooked up, what he has to face, what further stories his accuser has come up with (we do know that she has made further accusations against him). It is total shadow boxing.

All of the questions "Why is she doing this"; "Do the police believe her lies?" (She has made many previous allegations against people); "Am I going to be charged?" (like you he has unconditional bail). He doesn't go out of the area close to his flat (not even to see the GP - he is scared that she will see him and accuse him of something else). He no longer can have any nice memories of their relationship (7 years off and on) as everything now seems dirty.
            I think there must be a specific Post - trauma thing going on with the falsely accused as so many people here have the same psychological symptoms.

Really hope things start to improve for you. The not knowing of this Limbo land is so SO hideous.
            Best wishes
            Jen
            False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Still bail...

Hi all. Thought id pop in for a quick update. Im still on police bail having been first arrested in late June 2010!!

My date to return last Friday just ended up with the OIC telling me my bail was being extended until mid May 2011!! He told me that a fac to face consultation would be taking place with the CPS and he should have a decision soon. Doesnt seem to be any need for a further interview and nothing on my laptop or phone as i said all along.

He did mention that 'if i didnt need to come back for any reason he would let me know'. Seemed like a bit of a hint but maybe i just read him wrong.

Dont want to trawl over all the details of the case again. What does all this mean for me? The original allegation ws made in March 2010 so it will be 14 months when my next bail is due. I just want to get on with my life...its such a draining process and i thought it would be cleared up quickly...i was wrong!

Comment

I would appreciate if someone could give me some input on face to face cps consultations...why a cae would take around a year to be resolved etc.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lee2312 View Post
                  I would appreciate if someone could give me some input on face to face cps consultations...
                  Hi Lee,

This means that the CPS lawyer(s) will want to discuss your case with the OIC, presumably to review the evidence, but quite likely to also ask his opinion as to what he thinks about it.

The CPS don't usually meet the accused before coming to a decision so rely on the OIC for such things as to whom will come over as the better witness.
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Bail extentions

Hello there!
                    To those who have had thier bail extended!
                    How have you been notified of the extensions? Did they all come in the form of a call/text followed by letter in the post
                    Or did you ever actually show up to report for bail only to be told at the station that it has been extended?
                    Also does anyone know if you are held in a police cell when you go to answer bail?

Comment

Working...
                    X