Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the f word - contemporary UK femanism Blog - re: "Anonymity for rape defendants?!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the f word - contemporary UK femanism Blog - re: "Anonymity for rape defendants?!"

Hello folks

Since the announced extension of anonymity in rape cases to defendants I have been surfing various corners of the internet reading peoples thoughts on the matter. Myopic and ill-informed summate my observations, although there are those thinking for themselves and objectively considering all the angles.

This last paragraph submitted by george was the impetus for this thread. I have emboldened his penetrating conclusion...

"Also I think people believe that because 94% of rape cases don't end in conviction, that all those unconvicted cases are false allegations. But of course that isn't the case at all. Rape cases don't end in conviction because the system is designed to protect men. Failing to get a conviction against a rapist is not the same as being a liar."

Anywho, if you should care to read georges post in its entirety or would like to leaf through other comments here is the link:
    http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2010/05/anonymity_for_r

Peace
    My name is Andrew and I am a screenwriter looking to meet with men falsely accused of rape: http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ead.php?t=1215 If you would care to meet please PM me.

there is a fair bit of tripe in there and then there's that famous quote about statistics ...
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi Andrew
      Personally I think the emboldened text is correct right up to the last word. The system is designed to protect the dishonest, be they the cps, or liars.
      The last person the system protects is the innocent, be they the Falsely Accused, or the genuine victim.
      Oddly, if you are in the public eye like a footballer, tv personality or prog rock guitarist, you can be as guilty as sin but the system will find you innocent.
      But at the end of the day, this is all subjective. When the system cares little about truth and honesty, then yes, it's going to have flaws in it the size of Manhattan.

Comment

Working...
      X