sibling rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sibling rape

My younger sister was raped by my two older brothers from the age of 4 till the age of 13. My brothers were 13 when the started and over 20 when they stopped. My mother rejected her when my sister finally told her what had happened (at the age of 19) and me too when I stuck up for her. My brothers never raped me, even though they told my sister they wanted to, but I wouldn't let them. I was 4 years older I feel enormous guilt and worry for my sister. I know it wasn't my fault, but I sometimes feel in so much pain for her. It stopped 30 years ago, but they have never been bought to justice. My sister never reported them. I told them 10 years ago that I knew what they had done and I wanted them to apologise to my sister --- but they just accused me of slander. I know she is telling the truth, it was like all the wierd puzzle pieces fell into place when I found out about it..................Her pain is indescriable.Our parents were alcoholics, our nice brother who wasn't involved in the abuse suicided. How can I help my sister and myself and deal with the grief of a shattered family and immature rejective parents and unrepentant brothers.

Feel like I'm slowly dying inside living with this---------why can't we just move on. Have tried therapy, it doesn'tgo away.................

Comment

hi wis, I'm so sorry to read of your family's problems.

Sadly some people just don't realise or care about the chaos and distress that they cause - they just don't see it.

All I can say is keep on doing what you're doing in regards to your sister, it must be a comfort to her to know that you're there, you understand and care.

Perhaps the only way you can start to rebuild your lives and move forward is to report them to the police. Would you consider going?
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

reply report to the police

But what would they do somany years later. When I talked to my brother 10 years ago, one brother denied. The other didn''t deny it, but didn't admit it either, he just told me he didn't regret anything he'd done in his childhood. What would be the benefit to my sister of reporting it for her sake? Could I report it on her behalf? to complicate matters further we don't live in the UK anymore. We are in another Eurpean country. But we are English and this happened in the UK when we were kids

Comment

You could certainly go with her to the police station and support her while she reports it. The police will be very gentle with her. Historic cases are thought to be hard to prove, but once a case gets to trial the chances of conviction are almost 60%.

I am sorry you find yourself here. Please take your sister to the police - these "men" need to be punished for what they did.

Comment

Working...
          X