Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Compensation Schemes Fuel False Rape Allegations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope your investigations can bring about a change in the subject of false accusers keeping their "compensation".

I've read several appeal judgments where the judges discuss repayment but I have yet to see one where it has been ordered by the Court of Appeal. They usually prefer to let matters lie.

The further injustice is when the appellant is released from prison with no money or apology and no compensation, knowing his accuser has kept the thousands she or he has made with their lies.

RF
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

yeah and don't it make you feel sick x

Comment

Hi RF & Maria

I feel that the only way we can possibly implement any changes, given the current nature of British socierty, is to create a large, informed & influential discussion between the correct parties.

If the Jury Letter Idea works perhaps we could tackle the issues of compensation and the "rape shield "laws next

Its interesting to note that one person has voted no, but not stated their reasons whilst I have no objection to them stating their point of view I would like to know their logic.

Regards

Val

Comment

hi val i find it eve more intresting that 100s read this forum and haven't put a vote in even tho they can reain annonmous

Comment

well im sorry val i did not vote earlier but it would not let me but it has now and i have voted and my reasons below are as follows.

When my son was falsely accused, this woman was desperate for money she must not have had any profits from being a prostitute, we found out she was one after my son was arrested, but, was never mentioned in court, she jumped on the bandwagon when there was a serial attacker in the Leeds area where i live, there had been three at the time, when she rang the police twice on two different days, that somebody had tried to rape her, she rang monday and the police did not take her in for whatever reason i dont know, but, they did on the second call on the wednesday.

I was told the first call was a typing error in date and time, yea right it was, i worked for the Fire Service for 10 years you cannot make a mistake on a 999 call.

This woman got ?11,000 compensation and blew the whole lot on booze now she has liver problems and as the law stands she will not have to pay a penny back.

I think the whole law in the UK should be changed so that these parasites can be named and shamed and also when they have been found out that they have falsely accused, should be made to pay the whole lot back to the CICA, as it goes they dont have to and as somebody mentioned the victims of the false allegations have to pay for their board for being in prison, its wrong they did not ask to be put their, so why penalise them for the parasites and let them keep their money they fasley obtained from the CICA.

Not only should they be tried for false allegations, they should also be tried for false deception of the CICA and made to pay for their actions.

Comment

I thoroughly agree with you Sue. I am very frustrated when guys I support are released by the Court of Appeal but the accusers still get to keep their ill gotten gains. Unfortunately I can't lobby for law changes as I am busy with appeal reviews. However it seems there are several people on this forum who can help in this respect.

RF
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

RF and Val

my husband came out with a good suggestions on this payment of compensation, that the people who falsely accuse of rape and paid compensation, when found out that they have falsely accused, should be made to pay the money back, if they cannot, they should be sentenced for a year of either every ?500 or ?1000 they have received and not in a soft jail either and also be named and shamed in the press.

By receiving money under false pretences is a crime and punishable.

Comment

hi sue we all feel like that on a few of the topec's on this site you will see that the so called money pot has been mentioned a few times especialy by myself, saying that there is a couple who don't believe there is a money pot and that is why people falsley accuse i hope your son is ok now. i know myself an my son still live the horrors of what we have been through, well all im of for my stay in hospital till fri/sat so will try catch up when i'm well enough again take care all talk soon xoxoxoxo

Comment

Hi all. This is my first time on Broadcaster and a discussion forum and I have been reading the rape dialogue. I have also voted yes, as like most of you I believe that compensation is an issue in false allegations, not only of rape, but abuse in general.
                    When someone has had there conviction/accusation overturned, the tax payers hard earned money should be repaid by those who have committed perjuryt in their false allegations - then their is more money available to those who have genuinly been raped/abused and they can get the compensation they deserve.
                    I also believe that the CICA should keep statistics on the types of crime they pay out to the 'victims' check with the courts on what has been said by the victim in their court statement, compare it to the application form to them, they might see a diference - This then gives a cross reference to each case between court and the CICA, then when/if a case is overturned at the trial stage, or later at the appeal - the paid 'victim' can then be referred to the court system or childrens panel to be tried for perjury and the recovery of the money.
                    I am afraid I have not the time to lead this issue as I am considerably busy in other similar areas. over to you.....

Comment

hiya matey

I agree with all that u say, the woman that accused my son got ?11,000 and blew it all on booze.

regards
                      sue1947

Comment

Hi all it is so weird looking at all the replies to this forum and to realise I know so many of you God bless you all I have been busy with the faascotland site so have not been on the forums for ages.
                        With regard to the compensation I think It should be stopped immediatly, I was one of nine accused in the Lewis fiasco, and has it was my sister who set it up and not for the first time in the 80's she got a large sum in compensation for what she claimed to be abuse, in the light of her latest venture I really do not know if she was or not. I know her main high from falsley accusing was attention but I am now sure the money also was a facter in the lewis case.
                        I am often very concerned for those that are abused but there must be a better way of dealing with this issue, it would be good if the falsley accused groups could sit down with the abused people to work out what would be best, but dont suppose that will ever happen. So in the mean time to do away with compensation would I think give less insentive to the fasle accusers. To check out what my sister did go to the web site http:/accused-at-lewis.tripod.com or give the faascotland site a go would like your opinions on it too Ta!!! http:/www.faascotland.co.uk

Comment

This is my first time on Broadcaster and a discussion forum.
                          i would just like to say a few things...

there are some dangerous men out there but also some equally dangerous women
                          who are only too happy to make false accusations of rape against men.
                          For this reason there certainly should be annonymity for all, until of course
                          false accusations are indeed PROVEN to be false, in which case the accusers'
                          details should be made public.

i also feel that its about time that juries should be equal numbers
                          of men & women. i also agree each juror should be required to provide
                          a statement of his/ her reasoning

i also feel that woman that have been raped should not be aloud to go on
                          jury dutie as the vicarious revenge factor is too high as they
                          could not help but to take in to account there known experencie...

Comment

Hi Kitty

well said, dont forget to add your vote to the poll above.

I think that you are quite correct in suggesting that an equally gender balanced jury would be another step towards fair trials in rape cases that are so heavily gender biased form the outset.

Juries composed of similar numbers of men and women would surely lead to more balanced results as both viewpoints would be equally represented.

The webmaster may feel that your comments shouls be posted in the jury service thread, but thanks for joining in and adding such a valid discussion point.

Regards

Comment

hi david hi kitty i totaly agree with both of you iv said it all along they should do away with the compensation regardless to any accusation put the money into something a lot more positive either more counciling help with moving on and getting over traumor then paying people off, this doesn't help either the accused or the accusers i personaly feel this money is not helping anyone especialy if they are falsley accusing its just encouraging them to do it to someone else once they have no money left, this is what happend in my son's case this girl has over the yrs accused 4 different men/lads and thats only the one's we know off, i would put my life on it that the statistic's would drop enormously if there was no money pot.

Comment

hi val & maria

val i have already added my vote to the above poll, i have also noticed that considering the amout of people we have on this there does not seam to be a lot of votes, maybe there should have been a dont know box ?

also sorry i have posted it in wrong place but to be honest was not to sure were to post it as i was discussing to diffrent topics.(mind u if i used my brain i would have done two post)

take care
                                kitty

Comment

Working...
                                X