Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will an arrest for rape show up on an enhanced disclosure CRB check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will an arrest for rape show up on an enhanced disclosure CRB check?

I was arrested for rape with an adult in 2005 but released without charge. However, I remain concerned that the arrest could affect my future career choices, particularly if I want to work in a sector which requires enhanced disclosure, such as work with children or vulnerable adults.

Can anyone tell me whether the arrest is likely to be revealed in an enhanced disclosure? And if it is, what should I do to make sure this does not prevent me working in careers such as teaching or nursing.

(As I understand it, these checks differ from standard disclosure in that they do not only reveal unspent convictions but also give chief police officers the discretion to reveal notes on a person's record if they think it is relevant.)

I would greatly appreciate the definitive legal position (ideally with a weblink to the pages explaining the law). Equally, I would appreciate any advice on where I could obtain definitive legal advice on this matter.

This is really weighing on my mind so all help is most gratefully appreciated.

having a similar problem myself bud except im still in the middle of my investigation. i am due to start work as a support worker on the 11th of this month and was asked to call down at my new place of work on monday just gone. i was arrested last wednesday so had to go down and be honest. they have still given me the crb forms to complete and are still keen to have me on board, provided the truth is found and im not charged, but ialso did a bit of research into this because the CID officers on my case told me not to tell my new employer about the arrest because theyre confident there wont be a conviction but after my new employer rang me to fill the forms in i knew id have to declare anything pending. It is basically something that will show up on an enhanced disclosure and from what ive read on various sites its something that takes a while to get removed (usually because the government cant be assed with it) but as youve said it is upto a chief police officer whether he feels it should be on there or not. To any potential employers you should just be honest with them once youve been offered the job and crb is imminent

Comment

You may still be flagged if a full check is done. It's a postcode lottery to have details removed when proved innocent - but worth trying anyway.

http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/

http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/gui...rtability.aspx

http://www.personnelchecks.co.uk/our...eau-checks.htm
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Working...
      X