X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rule: Stay on topic!

Hi guys and gals,

Following several instances of people going very off topic, We feel the need to introduce a new rule.
    It's really a modification and extension to an exiting one. Here it is:
    You agree that you will:
    • Keep your posts relevant to the subjects in the forum, and, when replying, to the subject of the initial post.
      • If you are replying to the opening post - please make sure that your reply is relevant to the subject matter or the conversation. Posts that go heavily off topic, especially if they try to turn the conversation around to a different subject matter, may be edited or deleted. Repeatedly doing this will result in a warning.
      • Note that we aren't trying to be spoilsports, and wont warn you if you throw in some random comments or go a bit off topic for a laugh - forums are supposed to be fun as well as supportive and helpful. This rule is aimed at preventing ranting and disruptive posts.
      • Note that the forums under the "general introduction, discussion and chat" are fairly vague anyway, so general links and discussion are fine here.

As usual, I'm always open to comments and feedback. Do let me know if you have any thoughts.
    Last edited by webmoo; 24 August 2009, 09:35 PM.
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Fine by me, webmoo!

Comment

sounds very clear and glad to hear the bit about posting the odd random comment is ok. that was my fear about this rule (that people may be scared to post a light hearted comment for fear of being "off topic")
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Thanks friday - it's always nice to hear I got it right!
        I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Comment

I thought it best I endorse and support this rule without reservation !!

I'm sure that as a community others understand the stress and strains we all face and suffer BUT really there are no excuses for taking advantage and upsetting others says me................

Comment

Working...
          X