Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im posting cos im bored, not actually anything to say.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im posting cos im bored, not actually anything to say.

i think this should be tho official complete random rubbish thread.

i should be packing cos im going to brighton tomorrow for the weekend. instead i am online and sitting in a corset that i have tied far too tight in the hope i will lose 4 inches off my waist over night. why cant i just do the sensible thing and pack clothes that fit?
    "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Maybe cos Brighton has a nudist beach and you wont need any !!

Comment

Ok sensible head on now, Ive just spent 10 mins trying to find it so I way as well use it now I have found it.

Good question, why wear something that actually fits you and not clothes you'd prefer to wear instead - simple cos one fits and the other doesn't . Im sure its just middle age spread , your body adapting to your interests, eating, and generally your comfort in not being a teenager anymore and therefore not having to try and sqeeze into a size 10 - assuming thats an acceptable size for teenagers nowadays !!

What do people wear in Brighton? Who knows, its in Britain so you dont know what strangers are wearing under their rain coats !!

Whats a corset by the way? Im sure my granny used to wear one, didn't think they still made them never mind people wear them, its like fancy dress isnt it? Just wear a dress thats one size too big, no one will ever know what your hiding inside - not unless of course you want them too

Comment

well unfortunately i cant blame it on middle age spread due to the fact i am still a teenager (well for another month). i blame it on the vegan ice cream i ate today. yes of course that made me gain this much in a day.

corsets are what victorian women wore. if you were them frequently you can reduce your waist size significantly, giving you a more hour glass figure. even if you just wear one occasionally you can lose about 2 inches (by lose i mean squish elsewear)

i suppose not that many people wear proper corsets anymore. many wear corset style tops for nights out but those usually have no boning or plastic boning. real ones use steel and old fashioned ones used whale bone (hence the name).

goths still wear them and thats the subculture i am part of but other people such as burlseque artists and steampunks also wear them.

only problem is the moment you buy one you want another. and for a steel bone one they arent cheap, though they do last forever if you take care of them. just ordered my second one the other day. i'd love to buy a proper made to measure one someday but that would set me back £250ish so not going to happen anytime soon. cheaper ones will do til then. i got this in a closing down sale for £45 (reduced from £120)

people also wear medical corsets for things like scoliosis.

and there is a brief history of corsetry which i'm sure you wanted to know.
        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

if you look on google images there will be examples. but people wear them as going out clothes like with shirts/t-shirts etc underneath.

some men also wear them. i have had the pleasure of doing up a fair few of their corsets. seems they are unable to master the art of tying them themselves (and it is an art).

Comment

I know what a goth is!! My hair is down to my chest and Im 44!!

But I also like Motorbikes (have a few not that I can use them at the moment) and I also like good rock music Zep Sabbath Disturbed Linkin Tull and a guy called Roy Harper.

And our son is a mad Goth and Biker too into Nightwish and anything else that makes lots of noise - as I did at his age. In my days we were called smellies, heavies, hippies, bikers and rockers, remember the old saying Mods and Rockers, which then became punks, I was one of them too once upon a time - Siouxsie and the Banshhes and many others besides.

Of course I know what a corset is and I should have remembered your still a wee bairn. My gran was old enough to be alive in the Victorian era it was June 1837 to Jan 1901 after all, actually she might not have been she wasnt THAT OLD !! well not quite

Comment

well now theres cyber goths and industrial goths and industrial metallers, goth who like ebm (like dance music for goths, really good if you havent heard any), psytrance.....i think there should just be one name for all, but of course that would be far too simple.

Comment

and the most rediculous thing is that the worst insult you can hurl at a goth is that they are a goth!

Comment

Its only a description to place you in a box !!!

Never liked that idea personally I just liked to be me and feel comfortable in myself - not how other people wanted me to look. Only once people started to pay me stupid money did I get it cut shorter. Now I can grow it long again as no one wants to employ me !!

Comment

my ex and a couple of friends have mohicans and still get decent jobs (one of them has a really well paid job and he has mad coloured hair). if you as a person are a strong candidate for the job and show a little willing to cooperate (i.e tie back lond hair, wear sensible shoes etc) then most employers have come far enough to see past the weirdo. saying that i am talking about london, i dont think the same would be said for where i'm from. there was only one goth in the town and she left leaving none so i'd get the brunt of the towns abuse whenever i visited. havent been back up north for a year, should really go see my family but can't face the snide remarks, weird looks and general ignorance.

and i just noticed your from the same place i grew up. obviously likely to be a different town/city but maybe you will disagree and your area is really accepting of it. i'd like to hope so.
                    Last edited by friday; 14 August 2009, 02:49 AM.

Comment

I have lived most of my life around this area except for 4 years in Manchester at uni, and I travelled everyday from Yorkshire for the last 6 months. Ive never had problems being accepted in the street, but at work well I was working in a senior position so no I couldnt have a mad hair cut just wouldnt have been acceptable. I think it doesnt matter in some jobs, but mine it certainly does and I accept the reality of that.

As for the future I have no idea, cos Im probably gonna move abroad once my license is up and fight my case from where ever I go, certainly wont give it up. But a lot of that is outside of my control as Im not in a position to do anything about it at the moment.

damn its 5am Ive been playing COD way too long tonight !! its almost morning, its getting light later now the nights are drawing in fast, it used to be light at 4:30 only a few weeks ago its still dark now.

Comment

Friday, where did you get your corset from? I would love one, can't afford a made to measure one though.
                        By the way, I got my job with sensible blonde bobbed hair. As soon as I was given the job I went out and shaved my head to a grade 4 then dyed the remains red. My new employer was a little taken aback but couldn't exactly withdraw the offer...especially as I was still wearing the required suit!

Comment

That was so naughty of you !!! but very sneeky and clever. Its not really appropriate adult bahavour we want to teach children now is it though? I assume the suit was a little more appropriate and not just a matching mini and jacket?

Comment

well FG, It was a long time ago when I was a mere 23 years old. In between being offered the job and actually starting, my BF dumped me and I went off the rails a little. Hence the new hairdo and the belly button piercing. Not intentional! And yes, it was a proper Marks and Sparks suit....looked just a little ubiquitous with the red shaven head and 4 studs in each ear. (at least no-one could see the pierced naval or the tattoo).

I no longer have a shaven head as my son asked me to grow it to avoid embarrassing him whilst doing the school run...and the naval piercing is no more, having had 2 children...still got the tattoo though, and have added another one since....

Comment

atleast there wasn't any piercings you would rather hide than make public !!! Why shouldn't you be allowed to be just you and what you want to be and feel comfortable with? I used to go to parents evenings and rip the shred out of teachers and my hair was as it is now.

Their attitude to a good pupil had nothing to do with academic ability only aptitude to sports and attendance of class - which in reality meant nothing towards achievements any company would be interested in - and they call themselves a technical college - he was only 14 at the time so it was like upper schools, comprehensive style.

Meaningless statistics is what drives this country and its about time we tried a bit of substance, qualify them in real terms not just superficially gloss over dross.

Comment

Working...
                              X