X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new name?

Hi guys and gals,

I've been thinking that the name "People's Concerns: Support & Discussion Forums" is now a bit out of date, and we could really do with a new name.

However, I don't really know what to change it to.

Does anybody have any good suggestions for a new name for us?

Thanks!
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

R ape??
    E motions
    F riendships
    U nhappy
    G ood sense
    E xperiences

a bit naff, but I'm sure others can think of more suitable words.

I'm still thinking!
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Instead of U - Unhappy how about "useful?"
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I was stuck on that letter.

I think Respect rather Rape as well.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Good idea. One poster said that some "rape sites" are rather depressing as they go over and over the experiences of some members. So "respect" is more of a positive thought........
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I love it! well done both of you!

Comment

oooo please massage my ego a bit more - I do enjoy it!

Mind you - we've not heard from The Moos, they may think its not quite what they're looking for.

Anymore for anymore????

Comment

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your suggestions, and good idea, but there is one problem:
                http://www.refuge.org.uk/

They might get a little upset if we change our name to match theirs, and there might be some confusion over affiliation etc, which we don't have!

One more factor to bear in mind is that I have a plan, at some point in the non-specific, at some point, when I get round to it future, to move this forum to its own domain name, so any name chosen should really be suitable for being turned into a new domain name too. Google, here we come!

Comment

oh ******** - I should have checked! Here I am with a popped ego.

Ah well, back to the drawingboard!!

Comment

Sorry RFLH! I don't like popping egos!

I feel all guilty now...

You are obviously good - I just need a suggestion that has not already been taken!

Many thanks for your thoughts - It's appreciated. It's better than anything I could come up with, which was just lots of "Er...."

Thanks!

Comment

I was working on SafeHaven. the uk domain is for sale, but there are others with almost identical.

Sympathy
                      A
                      Friendship
                      E
                      Help
                      Advice
                      Voice
                      Empathy
                      N

so I shall continue - I will not be beaten!!

Comment

Right, last one for tonight, cos I'm off to bed.

Hope
                        Openess
                        Peace
                        Empathy
                        Sympathy

ot it could just be HOPE - I've checked, there's nothing out there.

Comment

Safehaven - Again, I like it, but again, I think I'm going to have to burst your bubble. sorry!
                          http://www.safehaven.co.uk/ is indeed for sale, but it links to a premium domains cyber-sitter organisation, which states "Prices for two word domains (eg twowords.co.uk) start at £500". Ouch! A little out of my price range I think! Sorry!

Also, you've got http://www.safehaven-uk.org/.

Re the hopes - there are many places called hope or hopesupport or similar, but I don't think any of them cover rape stuff, so I think that could be a possibility.

We could think about something entirely different - go with another cow-related domain name (there's plenty of those available, and I do like my cows!), and just come up with a better title for the forum.

"RAMSAD: Rape And Marriage Support And Discussion forum"??

Now you know why I'm asking for help...
                          Last edited by webmoo; 10 June 2009, 07:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

RAMSAD? Is that a frustrated sheep?!

Comment

Groan...

I suppose I should have come up with something about MOOSAD really!

MOOSAD:
                              Marriage
                              Or rape ?
                              Or false rape accusations ?
                              Support
                              And
                              Discussion
                              forums?

Comment

Working...
                              X